"@paflytyer" Road to recovery after major back surgery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys. Another long night has come and gone. It seems so strange to me that I've been going through this for nearly 10 days now.

When I re-read the post that Paulo initially posted, (which I obviously can't edit because it's his posting) I am slightly embarrassed by all the typos and run-ons, but I also know where my state of mind was at the time when I wrote it as a Facebook update. If you look hard enough at the next Toyoya Trails (or
anything I've ever written), you'll find
plenty of mistakes there as well, but I can assure you that as much as I want my words to sound and read as professional as possible,

Thank you all for the well wishes, many from those of you whom I have never met, and many whom I consider the best friends and family I could ask for.

If you've ever been skeptical of the power of friendship, love, energy, prayer and positive thinking..... I'm here to tell you that it's no hoax. There is something bigger than all of us at work.

-Stan

I don't think there's anything at all to be embarrassed of! That's the whole point here, we're imperfect humans living as broken down imperfect humans! One day at a time, one problem at a time, reaching one goal at a time.

Of course we want it all and yesterday but the true is it will never be like that, no matter how strong, powerful, rich or smart!

I could go and delete the pasted part on the first post but I believe those who have read it have in many ways looked at things different already!

We were never meant to go through this life alone in our corners ( and I'm the type who would like that a lot). The power of togetherness is incredible! I've just read many of the previous posts where they say: dude, haven't met you but my family and I are praying for you. And that was what I was hoping for, we are at the age of individualism where most have become numb to caring, helping and extending a hand!

I hope you are having a better day brother! Even if a bit at a time! Keep on moving forward.

Paulo

Hey @paflytyer, we've never met but you're in my family's prayers. God speed through your recovery.

been following you a lot in the forum and other media exposure. sad to hear about the medical setback,but you are truly inspirational even in your very difficult condition. we will praystrong that you be back soon on the road.God bless the whole family.

Stan, sorry to learn about your predicament. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Stan, I was really looking forward this year to being on trail with you at Hih, but it didn't happen so it'll have to wait til next year so heal up and lead the way. Get well soon!

Stan,
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours for the speediest of recoveries. Truly a blessing to have a world class Neurosurgeon who also cares. Hope to meet you at the next 100's in The Hills!
Best,
Jack

If you know Stan, he's a tough guy who would be the last to ask for anything. He'd rather give you everything he has than be the guy who needs help. Many of us are like that -- but when things get bad, it's great to have friends who can help.

We've set up a GoFundMe campaign to help Stan and his family. If you'd like to contribute, here is the link:
Click here to support Stan Wright Support Fund by Toyota Land Cruiser Association

Thanks to everyone for their support, whether it's financial or prayers.

If you know Stan, he's a tough guy who would be the last to ask for anything. He'd rather give you everything he has than be the guy who needs help. Many of us are like that -- but when things get bad, it's great to have friends who can help.

We've set up a GoFundMe campaign to help Stan and his family. If you'd like to contribute, here is the link:
Click here to support Stan Wright Support Fund by Toyota Land Cruiser Association

That is awesome! I'm happy someone got that going! Can't even imagine what kind of medical bills will be arriving in their mailbox!

What a fantastic way of supporting a fellow MUD'er. are you sure the amount covers what is needed?

If you haven't met Stan, there isn't a nicer guy out there. Hard to believe since he was a Marine :D

Hey Stan-

Haven't been on the board much recently so just found out about this. Good on you for such a great outlook and attitude! I suppose it's not much of a surprise coming from such a stand up guy. See you next year at hih and if you need any of us to help put that together this year just say the word!

Andy

Wow. Did not see this till now. I never get into the 100 section as I do not own one yet. But I have seen you post a bunch over the years now and have read TT for years / decades. Stan, you are in my family's thoughts and prayers. I blew out my back on a bad landing jumping from a perfectly good airplane while in flight in the Military. Not to say I understand your pain as mine was not even close to this bad but I can understand it. I hope next year to know as I fly into DEN that you are in the tower leading us in. I now fly out that way a lot during fire season and look forward to maybe meeting you there during a long break between flights. If you ever need anything in NC just say the word.

Not only is the 100 a fantastic vehicle, but the people driving them are fantastic as well!
Almost 1000 USD per day to support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom