Pacol - Any Recent Concerns

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences recently with sourcing body panel parts from Pacol out of Hobe Sound, Florida. I ordered a pair of wheel wells back in December and I still haven't recieved them. I have been trying to get in touch with them over email and phone dozens of times over the past couple months without any success. I am wondering if there are concerns with the company and if anyone else has had recent concerns.

Did they move? Last time I talked with Alexandra... they were near Atlanta GA.

I bought a complete Tub/firewall and front fenders from them 2 years ago...there was a wait to get the product but overall the experience and the products were good.

Doc

I think they did, their address on the website lists Hobe Sound, Florida. I knew there would be a bit of a wait but the concern is that they are not replying to any of my emails or voicemail messages, was wondering if anyone else has had this concern recently over the last couple of months and maybe the closed up shop. I did a lot of reseach before selecting them to do my wheel weels and all the feedback was very positive, so that is why I am baffled that they just fell off the map. Last i heard from Alexandra through email was that she was in Puerto rico picking up a project and would get back to me. That was in early march.

I ordered rear quarter panel patches from her last September and was assured they would ship in 2 weeks. Paid for them in full thru paypal. Come January I still had not recieved anything. Never responded to many email requests for order status. Finally left really angry messages on cell phone and got a response with all kinds of excuses for delays. By this time I had already made other plans with the repair . Told her to send me a front door skin witch she had in stock instead. This arrived in about a week.
I have ordered all kinds of metal form her over the last 2 years and have been really impressed with the quality. Really hope she gets it sorted out.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Did they combine with Stoney's, which is down the street? Carlos told me they had another location besides the one I visited. Seems odd to put two lc shops so close together.

I was able to get a hold of Alexandra at Pacol this week over the phone. There have been a lot of issues lately with her server and emails were not getting through. She has switched providers so that problem should be taken care of.

Reply to Tuesday

Hello Tuesday,
Did you try to send me a PM? My inbox was full but I have cleared it out now so you should be able to send one.

Your statement about PACOL rings very true (something is not right over there)... Same as you I can't put my finger on it but there was way to much coincidental rare occurrences with my order to be straight up. Also, just weird statements, latest weird thing was that she said she shipped my wheel wells several weeks ago, the tracking number she gave me was bogus, didn't exist. She told me to wait a bit more when it never should up she said, oh well, the courier must have lost the shipment. We will send another set out and cover all the charges, like it didn't even matter, was no big deal. That was over $400 of product plus $90 in shipping they just absorbed with no investigation. They shipped me a new pair but they left from Columbia and she didn't even tell me they were coming from there, she covered all customs charges to get them into the states. They have apparently arrived at the warehouse I sent them to. I am Canadian so I ship to buffalo and will pick them up this weekend. Will let you know the results, but so many things not making sense, I will be surprised if the shipment has the right order in it.

Yep.

The Florida business, Amazonia 4X4 has imploded. Oscar left the shop, as did the other employees. They took all of the tools, vehicles - and most importantly for me - a vital fabricated part for my truck, which they abandoned, in pieces, not even 10% finished. I prepaid in cash.

The other partner, Mauricio is the only one left, and he doesn't seem to know his ass from his elbow.

I was sweet talked, I was put off, lied to and now the one guy left is begging me to leave my truck there so he can "finish" it for me. Again - I don't think he can even do paperwork, let alone build a L:and cruiser.

I am SCREWED.

So yeah - I WOULD BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL RIGHT NOW DOING BUSINESS WITH OSCAR, MAURICIO, PACOL or AMAZONIA 4X4. I can't tell you what to do, but I'd just be careful, I'll leave it at that.

TCSTARK

Master Debater & Cunning Linguist
SILVER Star
Pacol is selling a lot of parts on eBay as of lately under the handle zaskar_ofn. You may be able to contact him through eBay private messages.

SouthBostonFJ40

SILVER Star

Pacol is selling a lot of parts on eBay as of lately under the handle zaskar_ofn. You may be able to contact him through eBay private messages.
That was the name Oscar used all along I think.

Isn't jcmorcelle also Pacol?

Last edited:

FixedIt

SILVER Star

Sorry to hijack -

TuesdayPrepper, I couldn't send you a PM, says you have it turned off. Shoot me a PM and I can give you some info on a great guy in central FL.

Dave

SouthBostonFJ40

SILVER Star

Oscar is selling a bunch of items on eBay right now. Based on the most recent seller feedback, he's still not shipping people's orders.
image.jpg

Top Bottom