Builds Pablo and Alyssas 1969 Capri blue fj40 build thread! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone đź‘‹. We are making this thread to document our build. Lets start on how we aquired our fj40. We were traveling on highway 84 in california. We spotted this Capri blue fj for sale on the side of the road! long story short 1 week later it came home with us.
IMG_7729.PNG
IMG_7735.PNG

It had an engine however it was siezed. (luckily it came with a good engine). I then got to work on the fj i had to source various missing parts like the , pedals, intake and exhuast manifolds, lights, new hood and windshield frame (they were green not original capriblue) and various brake line fittings and ofcourse new brake lines!
IMG_7744.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

Prepped for engine install

I watched your videos. Nice job. That's seems to be a very solid 40. Nice to see a younger generation working on old stuff. The scout's pretty cool too.

I watched your videos. Nice job. That's seems to be a very solid 40. Nice to see a younger generation working on old stuff. The scout's pretty cool too.
Thank you. I really appreciate it! More fj40 videos to come soon. Yes this fj40 is actually pretty solid. The only real rust it has is on the lower rear area above the rear bumper which is common from what I have seen. I like the scouts also. Specifically the scout ii.

Just watched all your videos.

Loved seeing your work. My favorite part was the "carb rebuild in the cheap plastic oil drain pan." You don't need high end shop equipment to work on an old car like this and you demonstrated this.

I am curious if you are really using Phillips screwdrivers to do things like remove and replace that windshield. I've found that only the correct JIS standard screwdriver will work on that. If you don't have JIS screwdrivers yet, I highly recommend you get them. All things will become simpler and you'll save your fittings.

That rig is in terrific shape. Can't wait to see the next video.

Just watched all your videos.

Loved seeing your work. My favorite part was the "carb rebuild in the cheap plastic oil drain pan." You don't need high end shop equipment to work on an old car like this and you demonstrated this.

I am curious if you are really using Phillips screwdrivers to do things like remove and replace that windshield. I've found that only the correct JIS standard screwdriver will work on that. If you don't have JIS screwdrivers yet, I highly recommend you get them. All things will become simpler and you'll save your fittings.

That rig is in terrific shape. Can't wait to see the next video.
Thank you currently working on a video documenting day 1 with fj40 to today. I will definitely purchase a jis screwdriver set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom