craigslist PA LandCruiser Locked & factory tow pack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Asking $10,500. Vehicle located in Eastern Pa, 18328 zip code near West NJ border. 149,500 miles, well maintained, bought it with 68 K on it. Have most receipts. change oil regularly, greased hubs and newer starter, Catalytic converter, muffler and 02 sensors replaced, other routine maintenance, exterior pretty exceptional, interior good too, drivers seat is a little worn. Newer wood dash set installed, newer radio/Cd/iPhone hook up, works and sounds great.
This vehicle runs fantastic, nothing wrong with it at all.

What is not great? Yep that pesky back seat heater loop, rusted out. Personally don't find I miss it.
Power antenna not going all the way down, oil pressure switch not currently working. Oil pressure is working! just not the meter. i Had that checked out. The trip odometer is not working. The Michellin tires I put on it 5 years ago are still wearing true, but will need replacing, probably got another 10 k on them?

What are you selling and what yr.? Pic? Diff lock?
Selling my 1995 LC. Yes Diff Lock. Couldn't quite figure out the photo attachment part and how it works with my Apple computer. Works differently than most sites. Any suggestions? or I can email you directly but not sure that is allowed on this forum? will try to make time today to figure it out.

looking for a 95-97 80 series in really good mechanical shape and cosmedicly+ good shape inside and out. 175,000 mi or less. the wife is a princess and i need a rig she will want to go in. (she wont ride in the fj40) chirodom@hotmail.com

See your nice 76Fj40 If you don't mind me asking what does it cost to restore one of those? I know of a 73FJ40 that looks in good shape.
Just wondering ball park total restore.

Thanks.

Quick answer: A LOT! Seriously, that's a difficult question to answer and depends on a seemingly endless list of variables. "Restore" can also mean very different things depending on who you ask. Guys have done it on the cheap by waiting for the right used parts to show up, but takes a long time. Some parts are getting rare and their prices go up. 40s like to eat bank accounts, so be prepared. Many argue saving up to buy the best rig you can to save yourself money in the long run. If you're patient you can find very good rigs in the mid-teens to $20K. Patience is key and taking a knowledgeable person with you to inspect it. But you have to pounce when the good ones show up because they don't last long. A lot of us use every spare minute looking for a good buy.

Spend some quality time on here and read, read, read to educate yourself. This is a great community of owners and tons of information available.

Yea thanks, I have looked at some of the projects and wow, looks like a ton of work. I am a woodworker not this kind of mechanical but I appreciate good work of any kind when I see it. I do know Toyotas somewhat, have had many, this is my second Landcruiser. Know an expert you would recommend to go look at a 1973 FJ40 in Eastern Pa? I would pay him for his time. I saw one on Craigs list that looks pretty good. but ? it always the surprises. right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom