For Sale PA FJ60 front axle backing plates brand new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Selling for a friend a pair of backing plates for an FJ60 these are brand new and the owner has no use for them. Still have some of the labels on them, one left side one right side. Price $125 for the pair buyer pays shipping. Best to email me shmukter@pa.metrocast.net

47781 bac plate.JPG
47782 backing plate.JPG

Maybe those should go in “my pile”?!

😎

just a FYI those are 93-97 80 series backing plates, not 60 series

Whoa, I was told they were for a 60 series. However the guy has a nice 60 and a nice 80, so you may be right. Is it a fact that they are for an 80?

Well, they don’t have any holes for the brake line junction, so there’s that.

Whoa, I was told they were for a 60 series. However the guy has a nice 60 and a nice 80, so you may be right. Is it a fact that they are for an 80?

Yes, check the part #. If they were 40/60/mini they would have the brake line junction and be worth >$400 for the pair IMO. That being said the spindle bolt pattern is the same and these may FIT a 40/60/mini spindle.

In any event they are no longer available. Thank you Matt for the clarification I really appreciate it.

It'd be interesting to try them and see if they fit.

Happy to assist there, we stock em. As Matt noticed, they are 8x backing plates. OD is very similar on the two. They flange pattern is identical. The are some differences in the caliper opening that would need to be trimmed/modified and they lack the brake junction holes as Mark pointed out.

8x backing plate with standards 4x disc knuckle and spindle:

20230301_103910.jpg

20230301_103927.jpg

This is the common disc brake backing plate over the top of the 8x backing plate:

20230301_104013.jpg

Side by side of the backing plates, 8x on left, earlier on right:

20230301_104028.jpg

Happy to assist there, we stock em. As Matt noticed, they are 8x backing plates. OD is very similar on the two. They flange pattern is identical. The are some differences in the caliper opening that would need to be trimmed/modified and they lack the brake junction holes as Mark pointed out.

8x backing plate with standards 4x disc knuckle and spindle:

View attachment 3261481

View attachment 3261479

This is the common disc brake backing plate over the top of the 8x backing plate:

View attachment 3261480

Side by side of the backing plates, 8x on left, earlier on right:

View attachment 3261478
Thanks Kurt and Matt. It’s always ironic how much good, solid tech shows up in the classifieds. Both Johns ( @pardion and @Living in the Past ) are noted for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom