P1300 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Engine has been cranking well since the rebuild ~200 miles ago, minus the random no crank I intermittently experienced even before the work was done. This morning my rig would not start. Cranked over multiple revolutions, no go. Tried it twice and left in my other vehicle.

This evening I tried again and experienced the same problem. I started checking all the wires I thought could be an issue (igniter, ignition coil, dizzy, ecu connections) and verified solid connections. After this "jiggling of wires" she cranked up immediately and threw a P1300 code. I checked voltage at the battery while running, 14.2 volts. I've since cranked several times with no issue and the code self-cleared.

• The only "smoking gun" I found is a chaffed wire at the below connection (that I don't know the name of).
  • Is this connection shown in the P1300 troubleshooting diagram below?
  • Can it be fixed?
  • A new engine wiring harness was installed at the time of rebuild. The routing of the far right ECU harness doesn't appear correct, but it wasn't pinched.
  • I found a few loose relays under the dash, directly behind the glovebox. I assume these are unrelated but need to be secured somehow
whats this.jpeg
chaffed wire .jpg
Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 7.04.44 PM.png
ecu .jpg
loose.relays.jpg

Last edited:
The relays in the glove box are for the a/c they attach to the evaporator box.
I doubt that loose wire is causing your problem. My fusible link was connected by one strand of wire and it would still start. If you jiggled wires and it started I would start at the fuse box in the engine bay and make sure everything in there is connected well and work my way out. Also check all of your grounds.

The yellow/red wire is the main power supply from the EFI relay, powers the EFI/ECU stuff. If it had a problem the CEL would not be on with the key turned to run, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom