P1128, do I have to replace my Throttle Body? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I’ve gotten the P1128 code twice. The first time I got the code, I only had partially cleaned the TB and the truck went into limp mode after 90 miles. So then, I completely removed and cleaned the TB and the truck didn’t go into limp mode after 90 miles. However, today after 180 miles or so since cleaning the TB the LC threw a check engine light. I got the code checked out by Autozone and their scanner said it’s code P1128 again. I thought I had fixed the issue and I didn’t need to replace my entire Throttle Body. Anybody have any other suggestions to fix this problem. My LC has 132,000 miles.

First step is to check the function of the throttle control motor. If it checks out, then replace the throttle body.

Yeah I just don’t understand how the ecu could be dirty, I’ve never taken the vehicle off road. And anytime the check engine light comes up, it’s code P1128. I read somewhere about ecu fuse amp issues, but I think I’m just going to replace the throttle body and be done with this stupid issue.

Yeah I just don’t understand how the ecu could be dirty, I’ve never taken the vehicle off road. And anytime the check engine light comes up, it’s code P1128. I read somewhere about ecu fuse amp issues, but I think I’m just going to replace the throttle body and be done with this stupid issue.
If I would’ve gotten a throttle body, it would’ve been a waste of money. My throttle looked clean and the motor could be turned smoothly. If your throttle doesn’t turn smoothly and it looks nasty, sure, go for it.
My ECU didn’t look dirty at all, probably never been off-roaded. Still, tried it because it was free and easy. Couldn’t make it a half mile from house before kicking on p1128 only and limp mode. Did it lots of times, until cleaning. I’ve fixed all kinds of weird appliance problems by cleaning circuit boards that look clean. It’s my go-to freebie fix that works about half the time.

Well I replaced my throttle body. It turns out the design of the throttle body has been revised with an extra hose added to it. The land cruiser has been driving fine and back to normal, so glad the issue was resolved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom