P0306 issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All.

I have a 96 FJ80 1FZ-FE no mods (just OEM) that I purchased new in 96. Has 320K miles on it now. I have never had the injectors serviced.

Currently have a P0306 showing up. I replaced the plug (old one looked fine) with no luck. Plug wires have around 19K on them and they look great, so I don't suspect the wire to Cylinder 6.
I checked the cap and rotor (they have ~19K as well) and they look good. I've read that if there is no evidence of fuel odor coming out the exhaust, that suggests that either what little fuel is making it to the cylinder IS being fired OR that there is no fuel making it to the cylinder due to the injector being bad/clogged.

I suspect that the injector is the issue, especially since the injectors have never been cleaned.

So, is there a good place that sells after market injectors? I don't want to buy them from Toyota since they are so expensive.

I don't have the time to perform this kind of maintenance and am considering having a shop near me (that specializes in Toyotas) do the work. I just want to know ahead of time if I can just purchase after market injectors OR if my injectors should just be sent out to get cleaned (RC Engineering or Motorwest Performance or??) I need to find out if the shop near me would allow for sending out the injectors for clean (and just leaving my Cruiser just sit around) or they might even be able to clean them.

I live in Albuquerque, so if anyone on this thread knows of a local place that cleans injectors, that would help.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John

My P0306 adventure including fault finding:

No need to replace injectors unless faulty. Getting them cleaned is good enough. Rockauto does a 'denso remanufactured' pretty cheap. Just return your dead one as a core. This assuming you have a dead one.

cheers,
george.

Hi All.

I have a 96 FJ80 1FZ-FE no mods (just OEM) that I purchased new in 96. Has 320K miles on it now. I have never had the injectors serviced.

Currently have a P0306 showing up. I replaced the plug (old one looked fine) with no luck. Plug wires have around 19K on them and they look great, so I don't suspect the wire to Cylinder 6.
I checked the cap and rotor (they have ~19K as well) and they look good. I've read that if there is no evidence of fuel odor coming out the exhaust, that suggests that either what little fuel is making it to the cylinder IS being fired OR that there is no fuel making it to the cylinder due to the injector being bad/clogged.

I suspect that the injector is the issue, especially since the injectors have never been cleaned.

So, is there a good place that sells after market injectors? I don't want to buy them from Toyota since they are so expensive.

I don't have the time to perform this kind of maintenance and am considering having a shop near me (that specializes in Toyotas) do the work. I just want to know ahead of time if I can just purchase after market injectors OR if my injectors should just be sent out to get cleaned (RC Engineering or Motorwest Performance or??) I need to find out if the shop near me would allow for sending out the injectors for clean (and just leaving my Cruiser just sit around) or they might even be able to clean them.

I live in Albuquerque, so if anyone on this thread knows of a local place that cleans injectors, that would help.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John
Any update on this OP? Have the same issue on a 96 with 315k. Just the one code, 0306, cylinder 6 misfire. New OEM cap, rotor and plugs. Plug wires test good. Injector #6 ohms out the same as the #1 injector. Im suspecting a clogged #6 injector. Runs well under load, but idles rough

Yep, tested good, harness at EGR also good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom