P VS E rated Ridge Grapplers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In your shoes I would (and did) look at Ko2s and Conti A/Ts in 275/65/18. I have E rated KO2s on my 3/4T pickup and like them, but ended up going with stock size Michelin LTX on the 100. I just couldn't think of any reason NOT to given how capable, quiet, comfortable and durable they have been on everything we've had them on previously.

Why wouldn't a higher load tire hold up better?
[/QUOTE]

For the same reason that it could hold up better, stiffness. Sometimes it's better to be stiff and immovable and sometimes it's better to flex around the problem. Also, the PDF you included was interesting. It would be really interesting if they did some apples to apples comparisons as far as using the same size, make, model of tire and only changing the load rating as the variable. According to the breakdown they only tested 2 LR D and 3 LR E tires ranging from 18 inch wheels all the way up to 24.

Just to close out this thread. I ended up getting the Falken AT3Ws for the winter rating in P-metric 265/70/18. Very, very happy with the look, ride and minimal impact to performance. For a street balanced rig this is a pretty awesome setup.

IMG_9851.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom