Oxygen Sensor(s) for 1993 FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello mud friends,

My beloved 80 series has begun throwing CEL 28 and smells super rich upon cold start. I've been looking through some previous threads related to this code and am a bit confused about which part(s) I need to buy.

Can someone please help point me in the direction of the OEM part # and/or a solid aftermarket alternative?

Thanks in advance for your help!

David

1993-1994 O2 sensors were a part of a recall in the 1990’s.

They are provided as a set: 2 O2 sensors; 4 lock nuts; and 2 gaskets for the mating surface.

89465-60110 in the correct part number for 8/1992-12/1994 vehicle manufacture dates 1FZ-FE engines for the North American market.

Before you throw any more money at your problem a few points you may want to think about. First as Beno pointed out there was a recall on the O2 sensors used on some 93 and 94 model year trucks.

More then likely if your truck was covered under that recall, that recall has already been preformed on your truck, but it wouldn't hurt the check with any dealership to make sure. Here's a link to the factory recall info. https://risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/Snowrun/1994 fzj80/1994 Repair manual/Service bulletin/T-CP-SO2-0162-W.pdf

Next did you do any real troubleshooting to confirm that your O2 sensors are in fact the cause of your trouble code. If you haven't done any troubleshooting you many be spending A LOT of money on parts that won't correct your underlying problem. Just my 2 cents, your mileage my very.

Here's a photo of some of the items that come in the factory O2 sensor kit. Please note some of the other items in the photo do not come with the sensor kit, and have to be bought at extra cost.
toyota-land-crusier-parts-074-jpg.1510046

Last edited:
Good info above. Have Toyota run your vin to see if your truck had the recall done.
If if hasn’t Toyota should still honor it. If in-fact you do need need new O2 sensors only go with oem. Aftermarket versions will cause you headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom