1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oxygen sensor for a 2F

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Sparky_Mark, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Sparky_Mark

Sparky_Mark

Unfortunately don't have a OEM carb, I have a Rochester. I have adjusted it (with a friend that's good with engines) with a vacuum gage on a few different ocassions. I have found that it's a little tricky to find the right adjustment. I was considering installing an oxygen sensor to help with the adjustment.

I'll be replacing the exhaust manifold, so it will be easy to weld in a mount for the sensor to screw into.

I have never delt with oxy sensors, so I thought that I might learn a little from the exercise.

Comments are appreciated...

2. cruiserbrett

cruiserbrett Moderator

O2 sensors are normally very narrowband, meaning if you are out of a range close to 14.7 stoich. ratio, it is not worth a lot interms of tuning. and since there is a bit more to them than just a certain mV output, you might want to read up. Maybe make your own WB 02 sensor from the diy-efi.org site. Not cheap, but VERY versitile.

-Brett

3. Pin_Head

Pin_Head

It isn't worth the effort. The only easy adjustment is the idle mixture and idle speed and it is easy to tell when it starts getting lean because the idle speed will drop. You need to change jets to adjust the running mix.