oxygen sensor flanges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi

i'm pretty sure this has been covered but search didn't yield anything. of course i suck at searching.....

where do i get new threaded flanges that fit the factory o2 sensors? i'm getting ready to do the single cat thing and the exhaust shop guy had a valid point in that my flanges are pretty rusty, therefore getting new ones is a good idea.

i don't have time to go to the junk yard just for this little thing. what are my options?

thanks

-bryan

Bryan-
If it is threaded.... Accel, Street and Performance, Summit racing and a host of others have a weld on Bung for the O2 sensor.

If they are the bolt on, I don't know of anybody that would have them and your best bet may be to sand blast the original flanges. Since all o2 sensors up to the mid 90's operate on the same theory you may be able to use a GM 1 wire(or 4 wire depending on the application) and convert it to a threaded style.

Hope this helps.... Dave

dave

they're the stock fj62 flanges. might have to make time for some junk yard trawling. exhaust shop guy said "all" toyotas use the same setup so it might be easy

I'm suprised that he (your muffler dude)does not have any options for you? Dave

the option is to switch to the standard mounting style, which is... i dunno. i'd have to get new sensors and splice them into the toyota harness: yuck. i'm not going to modify the factory junk just to avoid finding some silly little flanges. now where did i put all that free time to go to a junk yard......

I bought new ones from oxygensensors.com and they came with factory wiring harness. The sensors them selves actually were threaded into a plate which then bolted onto the flange. So when I switched exhaust, I had them just weld in bungs and screwed them in. No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom