Oxygen sensor bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your ECM uses the pre-cat O2 sensors to control the injection of fuel into the cylinders.
-B-

So I recently changed my 02 Sensor and I noticed it take the cruiser a bit longer to warm up; meaning it used to shift right away when it was cold not it takes a bit longer. Is this normal?

The tranny shift points are controlled by the ECM. The tranny will hold low gear longer when the transmission fluid temp is cold. Once the transmission fluid is at normal operating temperature, the shift points will be normal. This behaviour is not related to changing O2 sensors.

-B-

Hi! I have a 3F-e engine, is there a way to bypass both the oxygen sensor? There are no strict emission laws here. Thanks.

Alex
Philippines

I would just leave them in. But if you REALLY want to get rid of them, you can use what's called a "dummy load" in place of the sensors.

PM '98 SNAKE EATER', I'm pretty sure he has a few tips...:hmm:

The mixture will definately be richer without the O2 sensors. I experimented with bypassing mine on the turbo 62 (3fe), and the wideband allways showed richer conditions. You can run just one sensor and splice the ecu inputs together if you like; I ended up doing this as my setup only had one "downpipe".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom