??? Owners with 2001-2002 LX with Nav (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
Does green backlights on bottom radio come on with headlight switch or only when pressing power button?

Determining whether the actual power button is bad or bad wiring not getting proper power to radio.

Thanks

Last edited:
Where ya at 2001-02 LX navigation owners?

Do the green backlights come on your radio when you turn your headlights on? You can check before or after you get your coffee. See that was easy.

Button lights illuminate when the headlights are turned on or when the automatic lights are activated.

Thanks. Then that makes me think power isn’t getting to the radio and not a bad power button.

Or, power is getting to the radio and it has an internal fault within the radio.

If you have a part number for the radio, have you done a Google search to get a feel for working replacement cost?

If you have a part number for the radio, have you done a Google search to get a feel for working replacement cost?

Yes, I can get another radio.But, if possible, I would like to try to first pin point whether the radio is actually bad or not. May not be possible. My next option is to buy the radio and return if it doesn't solve the problem.

Why don't you just find out which pin is the power supply for the radio and test it with a voltage meter?

Why don't you just find out which pin is the power supply for the radio and test it with a voltage meter?

Not really familar with what to look for.....There are two connectors to back of radio. I think one is to the DISC player. I get 1-3 volts from a 2-3 different pins. I think the other connector may be power source and connects to the amp. I get 12 volts from two pins. The 12 volts seems normal but have no idea it the 1-3 volts is normal. If those volt readings are normal then the problem looks to be inside radio. Just trying to find out.

Your (2) 12V lines are probably the constant and ACC signals. If they both have 12V when the key is in the ON position, then the internals to your radio are the likeliest culprit.

Ok. Thanks. Like I may have mentioned before, when it would just randomly come on I would try to wiggle wires and connectors to make it go off.....it wouldn't. I would turn key off and then back on and radio would not come on. So that lines up with what you say above.

If you want, you can follow the 12V traces internally in the radio internals by connecting an external source and ground. If you get as far as a microprocessor with the 12V, you can try flicking it with your nail to see if the power reacts. If it does, then you may want to think about a new radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom