Oversized mudflaps front and rear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i removed the factory running boards the day after I brought my used ‘13 home in April. I am upgrading to 33 inch tires and I know the flaps are really inadequate, siince they already let tar and rocks hit the rocker panels..... plus I tow a travel trailer so I need low hanging flaps in tbe rear that won’t hang up off-pavement.

Any ideas, pictures, links? I really like the Rally Armor eurethane ones for cars that see gravel roads, but they really aren’t big enough. Ive had a set on an Outback Wagon XT for ten years and they hold up extremely well and provide good protection.

Universal UR Mud flap Grey Logo, Rally Armor

I would like to get this figured out before the snows hit. I would rather not try to hack something out of bulk sheet rubber since this truck deserves good looking acccessories....

BTW I already have a set of huge Rock Tamers hanging on the garage wall, I do not want to go that route.

I may install sliders with step plates, and that will help protect the body, but that will be a long while.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Watching with interest. My rear window glass was shattered after only 3000 km when a rock bounced off my off-road caravan. I've already got little paint chips on the rear bumper and some on the tail gate... Drives me nuts. I do approximately half of my driving off-road and tried the large sheet rubber like big trucks do. The mounting bar was bent to pieces off-road, and ultimately the rubber ripped off too.

Watching with interest. My rear window glass was shattered after only 3000 km when a rock bounced off my off-road caravan. I've already got little paint chips on the rear bumper and some on the tail gate... Drives me nuts. I do approximately half of my driving off-road and tried the large sheet rubber like big trucks do. The mounting bar was bent to pieces off-road, and ultimately the rubber ripped off too.
Well that is not exactly what I was asking about in this thread, I am interested in keeping debris off the sides and rocker areas of the 200 like the OEM running boards do, when I am NOT towing. But without the Old Man looks and vulnerability to trail damage.

For gravel bouncing off a caravan onto the back of your truck, a Stone Stomper will cure it 100% and also provide excellent protection for the front and sides of your towed equipment, but it won't give complete protection for its frame and floor. You can always add additional frame and axle protection in the form of long rubber flaps mounted laterally under the frame.

075.jpg

I plan to order one soon to protect my Oliver travel trailer next camping season (April).

Home

Email them for more information. They will send you a buyer's packet including pictures, measuring procedure and options. I am sure you will be delighted. For those of you not in Australia, they will ship.

Post pictures here please when you have one.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Last edited:
Thanks John. I actually was looking at Stone Stomper online. I built something similar to the giant mud flap they have, but found that it would catch on the dirt when I would be crossing through creek bottoms and such. Has anyone here used the Stone Stomper for towing in cross axle work with much success?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom