oversize pistons on 3B (3.4L) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello my guys, I need some help. I am new to the community but not cruisers, over a year ago i bought my second 60 series which was a 1984 BJ60. I had some fun with it and decided it was time for an overhaul, I have torn down the engine to take on the strenuous and headache inducing journey that is an engine rebuild. I took my piston clearances a while back and it was something like 8/1000 or so of an inch, thought it was a bit high so i took to the web for information. Upon finding two repair manuals for that motor one from 1988 (4 years after my motor) and one from 1994, the earlier one stated that my clearance was within spec yet it seems toyota went back on their word and decided to make the new spec about half the clearance of the old one. Does anyone know which spec i should go with? has anyone gone with either spec and have anything to say about it? Id like to be safe and tighten that clearance up seeing how i have the motor apart already, and a boost in compression doesnt seem like a bad thing especially on a diesel. so i found .5mm oversize pistons for the motor from Cruiserparts.net and now i just need to know how do i go about boring out the block? is there a minimum thickness for the sleeves? can i bore right into the old ones or do i need new ones that are possibly thicker? Any information would be great, thanks!

Hello my guys, I need some help. I am new to the community but not cruisers, over a year ago i bought my second 60 series which was a 1984 BJ60. I had some fun with it and decided it was time for an overhaul, I have torn down the engine to take on the strenuous and headache inducing journey that is an engine rebuild. I took my piston clearances a while back and it was something like 8/1000 or so of an inch, thought it was a bit high so i took to the web for information. Upon finding two repair manuals for that motor one from 1988 (4 years after my motor) and one from 1994, the earlier one stated that my clearance was within spec yet it seems toyota went back on their word and decided to make the new spec about half the clearance of the old one. Does anyone know which spec i should go with? has anyone gone with either spec and have anything to say about it? Id like to be safe and tighten that clearance up seeing how i have the motor apart already, and a boost in compression doesnt seem like a bad thing especially on a diesel. so i found .5mm oversize pistons for the motor from Cruiserparts.net and now i just need to know how do i go about boring out the block? is there a minimum thickness for the sleeves? can i bore right into the old ones or do i need new ones that are possibly thicker? Any information would be great, thanks!
Find another web site with those parts

Been there done that with cruiser parts . Net and won’t be going back.

Customer service and relations is not their strong point

I would recommend posting up in the diesel section of mud, might have better luck there.

the 60’s guys here are pretty big 2f fans unfortunately. But that’s all we got state side soo 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom