Overnighter in the Jemez - Saturday June 15th (1 Viewer)

Attendance Poll for Jemez Camping

• Yes - will be attending

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Maybe - I will let you know

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No - I will not be attending

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellow club members,

We are planning a simple overnigher in the Jemez Saturday, June 15th. We realize that the 16th is Father's day. So understand if this may not work for everybody.

Anyway, we are thinking we might head up to the area after our club meeting or in the afternoon. We don't have a specific camp spot picked out - which makes things even more fun and adventurous. Those of you that wish to join up later than the rest of us may be able to connect with us via HAM or if possible, we will squeeze out a text with our coordinates, once we start to set up camp.

This is a very casual event where dogs, kids and adults that act like kids (that's me!) are welcome. We might do some wheeling before we set up camp. There was also an idea to visit the McCauley Hot Springs before we return to ABQ area on Sunday. The hike to the springs is a moderate 3 mile each way - takes a few three hours at most. I did this hike recently and passed many kids that were doing the hike without issue. Of course, this is optional.

Post up if you are interest in joining. This will also be a good chance to try out some of our overlanding projects many of us have been working.

Cheers!
Poupon

Confirmed:
Larry
Frank
Ash
VanMan
Cheryl
Justin
Steve

Tentative:
MyNomad
KrazyKat

Last edited:
Pssssst.

June.jpg

I'd like to go camping with Isabelle.

Hey fellow club members,

We are planning a simple overnigher in the Jemez Saturday, June 15th. We realize that the 16th is Father's day. So understand if this may not work for everybody.

Anyway, we are thinking we might head up to the area after our club meeting or in the afternoon. We don't have a specific camp spot picked out - which makes things even more fun and adventurous. Those of you that wish to join up later than the rest of us may be able to connect with us via HAM or if possible, we will squeeze out a text with our coordinates, once we start to set up camp.

This is a very casual event where dogs, kids and adults that act like kids (that's me!) are welcome. We might do some wheeling before we set up camp. There was also an idea to visit the McCauley Hot Springs before we return to ABQ area on Sunday. The hike to the springs is a moderate 3 mile each way - takes a few three hours at most. I did this hike recently and passed many kids that were doing the hike without issue. Of course, this is optional.

Post up if you are interest in joining. This will also be a good chance to try out some of our overlanding projects many of us have been working.

Cheers!
Poupon

Great idea! I'm going to check with Todd and see if he's up for it.

McCaulley is a great option for a hike and soak; I'd suggest going in from the Jemez Falls side; there's not as many goons on the hiking trail as there is from Battleship. :) If there's a decent size group interested I could even reserve the picnic gazebo at the falls, just to ensure there is enough parking and a nice end of weekend picnic... It does cost 50.00 but if everyone pitched in a few bucks. Just because parking there and at Battleship can be a bit of a cluster, but if we have a group going, it could be worth it.... plenty parking, covered picnic area, tables, bathrooms for the picnic area users only... Just a thought.

The north end off of FS10 is much quieter than 376 side in my experience... I won't even head towards 126 or 376 on a weekday anymore once Memorial day comes to pass. I found a nice area on a run last weekend and think there's a road to it that is open but not easily found or known... my plan was to check it out this Friday. I'll let you know.

Cheryl

I'm a maybe. I might be mountain biking Pajarito

Looking like a good possibility...

McCaulley is a great option for a hike and soak; I'd suggest going in from the Jemez Falls side; there's not as many goons on the hiking trail as there is from Battleship. :)

Cheryl

Is there access to the east fork trail from 48? Might be able to get a little closer and avoid even more goons.

Edit: Map says maybe...
6F10EE9F-44C7-45A1-8DA2-05BC93F5826F.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey fellow club members,

Cheers!
Poupon

Confirmed:
Larry
Frank
Ash

Tentative:
Steve
Cheryl
MyNomad
I also am poking at the idea...

Herm.... Any possibility camping by water???

Would like to go on Sat ride, after breakfast meeting, and would like to camp overnight......, but must see what family obligations are happening. Thanks for setting this up.

I’m a probably but still maybe. Don’t know if I can keep up until we get to the FS road. Top speed on the highway level and downhill 60-65, 45-40 on the uphill. Am seriously considering however.

I’m a probably but still maybe. Don’t know if I can keep up until we get to the FS road. Top speed on the highway level and downhill 60-65, 45-40 on the uphill. Am seriously considering however.

Ahhh perfect match for Ali's 80!
Now you just need to make sure he leaves the V8 4Runner at home:rofl:

Either way you should come I'd cruise with ya! Us art geeks got to stick together ;)

Oh and if Justin sells his KLR before then he'll have to take the TW which does 65 just before it grenades...

Ahhh perfect match for Ali's 80!
Now you just need to make sure he leaves the V8 4Runner at home:rofl:

Either way you should come I'd cruise with ya! Us art geeks got to stick together ;)

Oh and if Justin sells his KLR before then he'll have to take the TW which does 65 just before it grenades...

Well, I’ll be coming to breakfast ready to roll then. Last weekend overnight camping on the Rio Chama was a success so I’m eager to go again. Count me in!

:rofl:

I upgraded you from *maybe* to *HELL YEAH* :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom