Overnighter closer to New Years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys nice meeting you out there...

So I'm thinking I want to email the state park to complain about how they are ruining the trails. I guess they want more people to have access in Camry's? :D

It was only about 5-7 years ago or so when you'd actually have a true water crossing down there (I think it was 3rd crossing) where the water came up to near the tops of your tires, and it was about a 30-50 yard long crossing through thick brush. The entire grade up to the upper area required a locker, spotter and 33's at least.

They've also filled in areas in Fish Creek, Broken Gulch area (after you come down from Diablo Dropoff)... They've yet to mess with heart attack hill. I wonder if its worth complaining about, or what. I'm sure others feel the same way. It is what made the area more appealing for years!

We just have to be careful what we ask for, we don't want them making the whole area closed and off limits. That said, maybe meeting the park service to volunteer with trail maintenances wouldn't be a bad idea.

Did you guys see the park ranger at all?

I did ask one a while back about removing the water crossing and he said it was against the law to have a crossing that did not cut perpendicular to the river, so they had to change the route of the trail. Less impact of the ecosystem, which I totally agree with. That area with the flowing river in the desert is absolutely amazing and it should be a tread lightly area for sure.

Once word is out that they pretty much paved the road up to the Upper Canyon, oh boy... :( I'm worried it will get trashed. Course, we were out there probably the most busy weekend of the year and it was pretty mellow.

Did you guys see the park ranger at all?

I did ask one a while back about removing the water crossing and he said it was against the law to have a crossing that did not cut perpendicular to the river, so they had to change the route of the trail. Less impact of the ecosystem, which I totally agree with. That area with the flowing river in the desert is absolutely amazing and it should be a tread lightly area for sure.

Once word is out that they pretty much paved the road up to the Upper Canyon, oh boy... :( I'm worried it will get trashed. Course, we were out there probably the most busy weekend of the year and it was pretty mellow.

Some of us remember when you used to be able to drive all the way up to Anza and there was no by-pass around the lower willows. Also used to be sizable herd of Wild Horses that frequented the upper end of the valley near Baileys Cabin.

Enjoy what's left while you can, wouldn't be surprised if they start limiting access or requiring some type of permit for visitors to the canyon.

but if we paved everything we could all sell our big expensive rigs and buy prius's that run on vagisil and estrogen. it will be great! pave EVERYTHING! remove all challenge from anyone in our society! weeeeEEeEEEEeEEE111!!!!111!1

ok, rant over.

but if we paved everything we could all sell our big expensive rigs and buy prius's that run on vagisil and estrogen. it will be great! pave EVERYTHING! remove all challenge from anyone in our society! weeeeEEeEEEEeEEE111!!!!111!1

ok, rant over.
Haha, nice. Vagisil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom