Events/Trails Overland trip: Arizona BDR 3/28/19 - 3/31/19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Alright folks,

It's time to put those fancy RTTs, Awnings, Fridges, on board water heating systems, Traction mats, espresso & margarita makers, leaf blowers (yes, it's a thing now) to use for real.

**** update ****
Wed night meet up info on post #53
Radio comm: HAM 2M 146.400

I'll be monitoring Megalink repeater system as well

Let's run the AZBDR trail from southern AZ to as far north as we can get given the time allotted. This is a 750 mile trip, starting near the AZ/MX border. The temps should be favorable this time of the year for southern AZ. Hopefully by Sunday, our drive home won't be too long.

This should be a stock-ish rig friendly kind of trip. I think a good set of all terrain tires is about all you really need so that you can air down for comfort and reduced puncture factor. Trail comm will be with HAM radio as usual.

As always, these trips are dogs and kids friendly. Children must be leashed, dogs can do whatever. 🤣 I will have neither Isabelle, nor Riley with me on this trip so I'll see if I can find a co-pilot between now and then.

The starting point is approx 6.5 hours from ABQ and as of now, I'm not sure if we can do this after work on Wed or break it up into two sections. I put the starting point at the Desert Princess Inn, just as a place holder.

See directions from Albuquerque to The Desert Princess Inn ( https://maps.app.goo.gl/i/PdCJN ) in Google Maps.

See post #53 for wed night meetup point.

Like our past trips, we'll be moving daily with no particular departure time in the morning. I don't tend to move too fast in the mornings as bacon and coffee are a priority. :lol: Hopefully Pappy will cook more than just a pop tart for breakfast on this trip then proceed to watch us for the next hour or so :flipoff2:

Fuel range won't be an issue since the route was established by dual sport moto riders. There will be ample opportunities to refuel on the route as well as pickup other supplies as needed. The route takes us through towns and services that we can bypass if we deem necessary.

Post up if you want to join us. I'll connect with the Copper State Cruisers to see if they want to join us and show us some cool side trips.

List of attendees:
updated: 3/25/19

Pappy-confirmed (meet at Granite Gap CG)
Poupon-confirmed
Ali-confirmed
QuantumQiwi-confirmed
Cheryl, Todd from Jemez
Maynster-confirmed (meet at Burger King Bisbee, AZ)
Juan Tobascofish from Salida- tentative
BigFishAllday
Bearnman12

Vince from Espanola - tentative
Liveoak - confirmed
ststephen69s
PirateMcgee - confirmed
Benzfanatic - Chris - confirmed

Last edited:
:lol: Hopefully Pappy will cook more than just a pop tart for breakfast on this trip then proceed to watch us for the next hour or so :flipoff2:

Buddy, just for that I'm stocking up on top-farts. I will hold off packing my chair in the morning so I can enjoy a cup of hot cocoa while you put away your yard sale.
:flipoff2: back atch'ya.

That Map's link didn't work for me. Fortunately a search on The Desert Princess Inn worked.

Now to get the bumper finished.

Last edited:
I see you’re ending the trip just in time (before it becomes a joke)

April 1st....:rofl:

Hey - I know for a fact that Pappy also cooks instant oatmeal as well! Come on Ash, get it right!
Larry, if I didn't have the skills to boil water I would starve.

Interested. Unlike you bachelors, though, I have to check with Mrs. BigFish and make sure she doesn't have anything planned for me.

I can get vacation on fairly short notice, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I should mention that I am in the pop tarts and instant oatmeal camp too. I even eat freeze dried backpacking meals for dinner. Sometimes I go as far as drinking cheap beer. EEK.

I'm up for this, would be a good trip and hopefully, I will have all the issues with the truck sorted out.

I should mention that I am in the pop tarts and instant oatmeal camp too. I even eat freeze dried backpacking meals for dinner. Sometimes I go as far as drinking cheap beer. EEK.

I am an expert at pulling into small towns (looking at you El Rito) late at night and making a Spam and Frito special next to the only store open in town.
Usually am a plain spaghetti guy though, simple fast and tons of carbs.

Interested. Just need to find out when my sister and brother-in-law‘s 50th anniversary party is and if it conflicts

I’m going to clear it with the tower here at home, but I was thinking of running the northern half in May... I going to look into bumping the time up a few months if you wouldn’t mind a tag along?
Lmk

This sounds like an awesome run!

I’m going to clear it with the tower here at home, but I was thinking of running the northern half in May... I going to look into bumping the time up a few months if you wouldn’t mind a tag along?
Lmk

It'd be good to have you. Are you new to the group and the area? If so, please introduce yourself on a new thread so that you get the proper welcome!

Well yeah but are ya in? :D
Mal is on shift Saturday and Sunday. As good as the boy is, that would be a rough one for the both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom