Overland supply packing list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

I wanted to get some inputs on how to maximize duration of supplies and a list of standard packing essentials for lets call it a 5 day excursion. We recently finished an overnight camping session and I have an ARB 63QT fridge. Given that drinks start to stack up quickly i was surprised on how poorly executed our pack out was... my initial thought is saving room by not cooling the drinks ... but who enjoys that! I would like to avoid having to bring a cooler in addition to the fridge. Any insights would be awesome.

I cool my drinks based on the day's drinking forecast. If staying put in camp, I put in the warm drinks in the morning and let my solar charging system "cool" the drinks throughout the day so cold ones can start popping in the evening. I don't put warm ones in at night after draining down the battery overnight once. If fridge is full at the beginning of the trip, I use a soft side cooler for food that I plan on consuming in the beginning of the trip, mostly salads, veggies and frozen meat, fish, etc. The frozen stuff defrosts, keeps everything else cool and the soft side cooler packs down nicely when not needed anymore. Have done this with the 47QT and soft cooler for 7 day trips, 2-3 people no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom