Overland Expo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody going to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff this weekend? I’m in Sedona on vacation for the week, thinking about running through Friday or Saturday on my way home. I’ve seen some pretty serious rigs come through here. Both straight overland rigs, and some really nice trailers behind suped up 4Runners. Turtleback trailers mostly.

Cool event, I’m missing it this year, but if your into gear and the word “overland” you should go. Seeing an earth-roamer in person is impressive.

Maltec trucks will have several sweet 70 series rigs that will blow your mind. That’s the main reason I wanted to go.

Yeah, got passed by an Earth Roamer yesterday. Think those things cost more than my house.

Maybe Maltec will trade me one of the 70’s for my Titan XD.

I'll be in the BFG booth if you're here, come stop by and say hi.

"Overlanding"

That poor word has been misaligned to weekend campers.

From Wikipedia:
Overlanding is self-reliant overland travel to remote destinations where the journey is the principal goal. Typically, but not exclusively, it is accomplished with mechanized off-road capable transport (from bicycles to trucks) where the principal form of lodging is camping, often lasting for extended lengths of time (months to years) and spanning international boundaries.

I'll go crawl back into my roof top tent now.

I wish I could go to the west event, but I will miss it.
Fortunately the east event is 1 hour from me, so I will not be missing that event.

Moist

Cool event, I’m missing it this year, but if your into gear and the word “overland” you should go. Seeing an earth-roamer in person is impressive.

Maltec trucks will have several sweet 70 series rigs that will blow your mind. That’s the main reason I wanted to go.
My wife worked in the front office there for a spell when we lived in CO. Got the full tour of the shop and got to check out Bill's proto-Earth Roamer. Needless to say...heaven.

I'm old and remember when camping meant tents. Now everyone has a trailer or motorhome, not just the old folks. And the things people use for outback camping are crazy.

That being said, I've adopted some of it like a RTT and an actual refrigerator.

I ended up not making it. Drive right by, but my 2 year old woke up in a less than spectacular mood. So we just hit the road.

My wife worked in the front office there for a spell when we lived in CO. Got the full tour of the shop and got to check out Bill's proto-Earth Roamer. Needless to say...heaven.
I walked through the door and asked for a tour back in 2012. Gunner followed me around while the shop guys let me look at all the rigs they were working on. Very cool!

I was there, busy working so I didn't get many pictures, but a few 60s there. Didn't make it to the camping area, so I'm sure I missed some. Plus there's so much to see, it's hard to know what to take pics of.

Cummins R2.8 conversion by @bagochips76 beautifully installed
20190518_083336.jpg

Liked the bumper and thought the lights were unique on this 62.
20190518_085507.jpg

Beautifully kitted out 70 series in the CVT tent booth.
20190516_160417.jpg

Rivian had their fully electric truck there kitted out with overland gear. Even had a slide out kitchen in the other side that I didn't get a pic of.
20190516_160944.jpg

A vendor from Texas evidently had a place where you can rent one of these Sherps. They were pretty cool.
20190516_161742.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom