Overland Expo East & Trans-American Trail TN/NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Volunteer

Bayou State Land Cruiser Association
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bslca.com
Not trying to steer anyone away from making SCC I'll really miss our wheeling family and being there myself this year after making the event every year for 9 years but this is me doing something different as I look to get into some Overland trips. I'm planning to do a 9 day trip running the TAT through Tennessee into North Carolina and heading to Asheville for the Overland Expo East. I'll be meeting up with the Louisiana Overland (LaO) and East Tennessee (ETO) groups out there. We are talking about doing some trails in North Carolina and Tennessee while there as well. Good opportunity to learn and meet new people and see the other side of the wheeling community. Right now I'm the only one going from BSLCA but anyone interested is welcome.

Overland Expo East OCTOBER 7-9, 2016 in ASHEVILLE, NC
Overland Expo EAST

Trans-American Trail (TAT) through Tennessee into North Carolina
TransAmTrail.com
Land Rover team on the TAT

Last edited:
Since I had to back out of the Colorado trip, I am thinking of trying to make this trip. Is there a breakdown of schedule or plans? and any other details you can provide.

Since I had to back out of the Colorado trip, I am thinking of trying to make this trip. Is there a breakdown of schedule or plans? and any other details you can provide.

Great to hear, I don't have an agenda yet but will put something together after the Ouray trip :) As of today you'd be the only one running the TAT with me I was preparing to run it myself. A lot of our folks will be at SCC. Once we get to the Expo we'll meet up with the Louisiana and the East Tennessee Overland folks to make some runs in the Mountains :cheers:

trans-am_map4.jpg

I'm ready to get off the pavement and sit around a campfire.

I'm ready to get off the pavement and sit around a campfire.

We'll get an opportunity for that every night :cheers:, and the fall foilage for photo and vidoe opportunites should be spectacular :clap: When your Dad finds out you know he's gonna wanna go :D

Larry. What dates? I might be interested

The idea is to leave Saturday Oct 1st for the TAT and take our time and enjoy the TAT on our way over to North Carolina. We'd arrive mid week in North Carolina so you'd have a day or 2 in the area to meet up with other Overlanders or make a ride in that area then catch the Expo the 7th - 9th. (Overland Expo East OCTOBER 7-9, 2016 in ASHEVILLE, NC) still waiting for the registration to open up they are saying Mid July for the WEEKEND AND ONE-DAY* PASSES

Will plan to discuss in more detail with those wanting to go and layout more of an agenda when I get back from Ouray :cheers:

Last edited:
Thinking we can break out of the trail and hit HWY 25 and head South to Asheville. The spurs in Smoky Mountains could be an option and would be worth while that time of year that's an awesome area. Of course my folks are right there in Pigeon Forge if we needed a rest stop or repair. <iframe src="Trans America Motorcycle Trail" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
Screenshot 2016-07-06 09.34.05.png

Thinking we can break out of the trail and hit HWY 25 and head South to Asheville. The spurs in Smoky Mountains could be an option and would be worth while that time of year that's an awesome area. Of course my folks are right there in Pigeon Forge if we needed a rest stop or repair. <iframe src="Trans America Motorcycle Trail" width="640" height="480"></iframe>View attachment 1286345
That looks like it will be a lot of fun! Maybe in a year or two I will be ready for a tip like that.

That looks like it will be a lot of fun! Maybe in a year or two I will be ready for a tip like that.

I hope so. Sounds good bud just as long as we do it before I retire, LOL :cheers:

We'll get an opportunity for that every night :cheers:, and the fall foilage for photo and vidoe opportunites should be spectacular :clap: When your Dad finds out you know he's gonna wanna go :D

Yeah I told him about it this weekend while he was helping me move. He got real excited about the colors and stuff.

Registration is now open Overland Expo EAST

I registered for the weekend pass with access to the Biltmore one day and my total was $109.

Always good to think about. Doubt my rig would be "ready" for such a road trip but would love to go. Also good to actually see a post on mud and not FB!

Bx

Sadly I'm going to have to back out of this trip gentleman. The Ouray Trip, the flood, my brother's wedding I just can't seem to catch up lately. We're also going to be working on Holden's Eagle project a few weekends in October. Maybe I'll catch up in November before we head to Tennessee for Christmas :hmm: sorry to let you down. Had talked to Mountain State Overland, Expedition Overland, and East Tennessee Overland guys that are all gonna be there its painful to miss out on meeting these folks and talking with them about their experiences.

sorry to hear LL!

Well now I don't feel so bad, I'm also having to back out. We have a contract on a new house and will be finishing up and closing around the same time as this trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom