Overland Expo East - Oct 11-13th 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OE-EAST-2019.png

Who else is planning on going? Anyone interested in building a convoy of Toyotas and maybe a GX or two? I'm planning on driving down early Friday morning.
I'll be buying my ticket tomorrow when they go on sale for the weekend camping. I paid for the full experience at Overland Expo West last year and only did a handful of the events, most of the fun is admiring the rigs and talking to the people... and the booze.

I saw this in Idaho - all I can think of when I think of expo events. Is it different than I’m thinking?

View attachment 2013852

I saw this in Idaho - all I can think of when I think of expo events. Is it different than I’m thinking?

Looks like an accurate representation of someone "expo ready" they might even have a booth for that

Most people are more organized than that. The only thing on my roof was a shovel and my traction boards. My setup was pretty simple.
View attachment 2013863
Beginner status lol! Need all the boxes and what not on the roof and hanging off various places

Actually, I give man credit for having a hell of a good time. There is a lot of fun stuff on that Jeep.
Hopefully it was strapped down really well, "on that Jeep" can easily become "through your windshield" at highway speeds.

I'm planning on going. I might set up as a vendor though. We'll see. I've got to get a few ducks in a row first.

I'm thinking about going. Not sure if I'd go for the weekend or just swing by for a day though

I'm thinking about going. Not sure if I'd go for the weekend or just swing by for a day though
Join the Caravan, hang out Friday and Saturday, leave Saturday afternoon. You can find a hotel Friday night if you don't want to drag all the camping gear out.

Join the Caravan, hang out Friday and Saturday, leave Saturday afternoon. You can find a hotel Friday night if you don't want to drag all the camping gear out.

I need to buy/borrow boxes and things to put all over the 200 lol
My camping gear is folding down the seats and blowing up an air mattress

I need to buy/borrow boxes and things to put all over the 200 lol
My camping gear is folding down the seats and blowing up an air mattress
I've got about a dozen empty plastic totes you're welcome to borrow. They're not super sturdy, but losing a few along the way is almost mandatory. I have drawers now, so folding the seats down doesn't work anymore.

I'm waiting for my discount code for my ticket. They require a military email address though... I guess it's good that my work email is still .mil

I've got about a dozen empty plastic totes you're welcome to borrow. They're not super sturdy, but losing a few along the way is almost mandatory. I have drawers now, so folding the seats down doesn't work anymore.

I'm waiting for my discount code for my ticket. They require a military email address though... I guess it's good that my work email is still .mil

Your drawer system isn't level with the 2nd row folded flat?
If only I could still log into my mil account to get that discount

Your drawer system isn't level with the 2nd row folded flat?
If only I could still log into my mil account to get that discount
The drawers were originally in a 4runner, not necessarily purpose built for the 80. I like my bedroom anyway, I just have to fix the part that I ripped last time.

I'm thinking about going and maybe camping. No "driving experience" .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom