Overland Expo East - Ashville, NC - Oct 3-5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What an awesome event. Saw the KajunMobile but you must've been in class when I stopped by. I got to do Advanced Terrain when the big rain hit LOL. It turned into Advanced Recovery for the last half!

Pics?

Here are a few!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603284.129824.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603298.031019.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603313.648981.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603327.583531.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603338.267864.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603351.802307.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603366.103282.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603385.671831.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603529.040586.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603556.790894.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603570.775487.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603580.759658.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412603595.127427.jpg

If your on Instagram you might want to checkout #overlandexpo and #overlandexpoeast . There are tons of photos on there.

Good pics! I uploaded a few to PhotoBucket this AM to share also. Gonna have to check out instagram too thanks for the heads up there.

Here's some of the general pics I took:

Here's us:

Rockin' my 60-watt panel I picked up at the show...

Me with our happy 2-year at 32 degrees.

Some of my itenerary:

Where we were camped:

Nice set up Tad, is that your trailer and roof top tent? Where did you pick that up at, sweet set up. You coming to black balsam?

Yep I just picked it up from a guy off of 'mud up outside of D.C. Labor Day weekend. Here's the trailer build thread on ExPo.

Won't make it to Black Balsam. We have our camper up on Keowee through that weekend for FB games and I'll have to pull it back home that Sunday.

Any word on the damage to Southeast Overland's FJC? Word around the show on Sunday was that he tore it up pretty good on Saturday in the mud pit.

Uh oh.... well he's been looking to SAC the shop truck anyway, may be just the nudge he needs.

@tabraha - looks like you guys had some fun! We are heading up to VT tomorrow for the VORW. How did you like the RTT? Hope I'm still first in line if you decide on something bigger!

Last edited:
@fireball LOL we fought over who got to sleep in the RTT. Definitely the most stout setup when the wind kicked up and dry as a bone through the rain. Made me look at some of the bigger James Baroud models that were there but in my heart I know I need a big CVT to put us and our 2 kids in. That Airtop was so solid while I looked out across the ground tents flexing and wobbling. Also food for your trailer build: The most commented/photographed thing on my trailer was that I have out-riggers at both rear corners and one on the tongue to completely lift me off the ground. Cheap to fab up and also contributed to the no-rocking of the RTT, not to mention allowed me to lay the iPhone down flat on top and completely level the trailer...

Have fun at VORW. Sounds like there was a pretty good crowd making their way up from OX East to it.

Uh oh.... well he's been looking to SAC the shop truck anyway, may be just the nudge he needs.

Ahhh, it has been done on several occasions, mostly on the west coast. The reality of a solid front axle in an FJC is that it is very expensive and if you do not then address the rear suspension it is not really worth all the work and expense. After the rear suspension the T-case is then the major issue. The set up that seemed to work the best was a solid front axle and leaf springs in the rear.

It really all works out to the most prudent path is to leave the FJC alone and get an 80. The cost of just the solid front axle will buy a really nice 80 and lots of parts to go with it.

That's awesome!

Spinners!!!

Got that right. I poked up that hill all day long Friday without throwing mud or slipping around. That is a great vid other than the portrait orientation faux pas. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom