Overland Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a question for the forum. Anyone have personal experience with Overland cruisers? Specifically engine work, My wifes 97 FZJ80 with 163,000 well maintained miles was taken out by a Wix/Napa gold 3148 filter. It will need a minimum of bearings/overhaul.
Looking for any input good or bad, looking for a place that does quality work and stands behind what they do.

I live in Bozeman and have a Gx460...it is the only place I will go for service or any issues. they are fantastic. They were even able to fix work not done incorrectly by a very reputable shop in Denver. I would highly recommend,

Last edited:
I live in Bozeman and have a Gx460...it is the only place I will go for service or any issues. they are fantastic. They were even able to fix work not done correctly by a very reputable shop in Denver. I would highly recommend,
Thanks Husker

Got a question for the forum. Anyone have personal experience with Overland cruisers? Specifically engine work, My wifes 97 FZJ80 with 163,000 well maintained miles was taken out by a Wix/Napa gold 3148 filter. It will need a minimum of bearings/overhaul.
Looking for any input good or bad, looking for a place that does quality work and stands behind what they do.
Oil filter was defective? What the heck happened.

No personal experience with overland cruisers but I have heard good things . they seem plenty capable.

Oil filter was defective? What the heck happened.

No personal experience with overland cruisers but I have heard good things . they seem plenty capable.
Oil filter bypass blocked the flow of oil completely. towed it home, spun off defective filter and had zero oil in filter. spun on new filter oil pressure came back up but the damage was done. This happened the summer of covid and after some back and forth with questions and starting a claims process Mann-Hummel/Wix Affinia basically stopped talking to me about a month after i filed my initial claim. they had regional company representatives before covid that would come out and help with the claims process, during covid they got rid of them.

ill post pictures of the filter if I can get them off my old phone. its pretty obvious what happens when you see the bypass out of position

The guys who own and work at the shop are Cruiser heads and big supporters of the Club. Give them a call they will surely help in any way they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom