Overheating (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was it overheating before you changed all these parts?
If you see steam then you have a leak in the system.
An AISIN FCT-049 fan clutch should have been on the list of parts.
I tested the fan clutch and it's working I also tested for bad head gasket also came out good

Does it overheat and steam with the radiator cap on the radiator? If so, from where does the steam come?

I
Does it overheat and steam with the radiator cap on the radiator? If so, from where does the steam come?
Turn on the car
I wait about 5 minutes the gauge start going up and I feel the radiator and its super hot I open the cap carefully and the coolant comes out

If it's obd 2 get a gauge so you can read Temps from the ecu. You can use a Bluetooth or ultra gauge or scangauge.

If obd1 get a coolant temp sensor.

Let's see some numbers
I'll try that however I even change the coolant sensor oem from toyota

I

Turn on the car
I wait about 5 minutes the gauge start going up and I feel the radiator and its super hot I open the cap carefully and the coolant comes out

Take a photo of the gauge when it's hot

The toyota gauges aren't particularly specific. Each car will have a spot where the needle settles at normal temp.
It's this what you are seeing? Or do you see your gauge go up to the red?

Have you measured the coolant temperature? Or just relying on the gauge, and feeling the radiator?

As others have said, as coolant heats up, it expands. The radiator cap is designed to hold some of this expansion in, and keep the cooling system pressurized.
Pulling the cap off while it's hot will release the coolant that's held in under pressure.

If you leave it alone, does steam or coolant come out of the overflow tube or bottle?

Get yourself an inexpensive infrared temperature gun and confirm what the coolant temperature actually is

Amazon product ASIN B0B7NQDL3D

Hello everyone
I'm having overheating problem 1992 3fe 220k miles
I have changed the following
Water pump
Radiator CSF
Thermostat
Hoses
All hoses are oem from toyota
Can somone help
I even changed the transmission front hoses for the cooler
What else should I change or do

all these theory's are valid possible ones .........

but i don't see the most simple , small yet VERY important part of all the parts you mention and the procedeures you have undertook ?

- the actual Radiator Cap itself ,

- last time i checked a CSF unit did NOT come with a new cap ?

this is a LOW cost part to cross of your list and CAN cause your list of symptoms ..........

see link below :

no matter where u source your NEW cap , make DAM sure it's a Genuine NipponDenso JAPAN , part and DOES have the ND logo and the all important 0.9 stamped on each outer ear like shown below

- sometimes it is the little things : :)

1666522160989.png

1666522187172.png

all these theory's are valid possible ones .........

but i don't see the most simple , small yet VERY important part of all the parts you mention and the procedeures you have undertook ?

- the actual Radiator Cap itself ,

- last time i checked a CSF unit did NOT come with a new cap ?

this is a LOW cost part to cross of your list and CAN cause your list of symptoms ..........

see link below :

no matter where u source your NEW cap , make DAM sure it's a Genuine NipponDenso JAPAN , part and DOES have the ND logo and the all important 0.9 stamped on each outer ear like shown below

- sometimes it is the little things : :)

View attachment 3148043

View attachment 3148044
Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom