Overheating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 80 series 1fz Fe 4.5l petrol motor in my rig I replaced water pump , fan, fan clutch , hoses but my rig just wants to keep overheating any ideas what's causing that

I have a 97 80 series 1fz Fe 4.5l petrol motor in my rig I replaced water pump , fan, fan clutch , hoses but my rig just wants to keep overheating any ideas what's causing that

Let's start at the beginning, how do you know it's overheating? Are you looking at the temp gauge in the dash or is your coolant boiling over and coming out of the overflow tank?

Also, please fill out the signature line with your vehicle info and mods, just so we know what we're dealing with!

Welcome to the Mud world from Boulia!!! Are you Australian?

Last edited:
How many miles / km?
Has the head gasket ever been replaced?
Has the thermostat been replaced? If so, was the bleeder hole placed to the top of the orientation?
Was the system bled properly? Some air in the system can cause overheating symptoms.
If you have pulled the spark plugs, what was their condition?

Also, answers to @alia176 questions will help with diagnosis.

Do you do your own work?

As the others have indicated....it will be helpful to have a bit more information. We can certainly help point you in the right direction in terms of possible issues, how to assess and test them, but we need a little more direction.

You are right in the middle of your Summer Months there and I imagine daytime highs are hovering around 100°F or better, so even a properly working cooling system is going to feel the strain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom