Overheating uphill normal 3fe motor? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve already received a fan clutch however it is a “beck arnely” brand clutch.
part number 130-0185.
no good?
the aforementioned fan clutch is 3x’s the price which is why I went for the more cost effective one.
I dont mean this in a jerk way, but no I don't have any idea bbn if that part is any good, and neither do you.

That is exactly why I by oem when I can.i know they are good.if I replace the part and the problem persists then I move on knowing the part i put in is gtg.

If you use unknown parts you go in circles trying to diagnose the problem

That said I think I useam mmmmmmmmDenso starter and some Asin parts in my AC rebuild.8

ordered OEM…

B807C213-A3C6-4678-A110-CCFBE4B3D6C0.jpeg

FF62C88C-EABF-486B-8600-79D5E3C2918F.jpeg

Does anyone know the diameter of the little vacuum hoses for the efi? Can’t seem to find any markings on the old ones.

8B04D934-64D9-45CC-9350-5AA3DF621A91.jpeg

This may be a dumb question but when I put the thermostat housing back together how do I keep the rubber seal from falling down when installing?
it seems that it will fall down while trying to adjust the housing to the block…

This may be a dumb question but when I put the thermostat housing back together how do I keep the rubber seal from falling down when installing?
it seems that it will fall down while trying to adjust the housing to the block…
there are only 2 bolts for the lower thermostat housing to the block that you have to make sure the paper gasket is tight against the housing and block area when installed.

there are only 2 bolts for the lower thermostat housing to the block that you have to make sure the paper gasket is tight against the housing and block area when installed.
I am referring to the rubber o ring that goes inside the actual thermostat housing. It appears to rest upside down in just about e the thermostat itself.
the paper gasket seems straight forward as it rests on the block.
my concern is that the rubber O ring will fall down and become dislodged while installing the housing and maneuvering it around all the various hoses.
jist wondering if there’s a trick to this? Or maybe just trial and error.

update:
installed new belts, fan clutch, lower radiator hose, thermostat, vacuum hoses, re wrapped wires for heat protection. Waiting on some thermostat housing bypass hoses to finish her up!

the anticipation is killing me!!!

E90FF034-192D-4416-90D3-74F55965985D.jpeg

286474D6-2695-4765-99AE-2D083BF1F775.jpeg

3C08DC17-8A56-4AD9-9B01-A84261B13A04.jpeg

690A67BA-423A-41B5-83B1-2EA377B9855E.jpeg

2D2F9ABD-4023-42E4-82D1-3FB781E60937.jpeg

Finally finished up the project. She runs again!!! Taking her out for a test drive to make sure she doesn’t over heat still. Thanks for all the help!

PS these Toyota hoses are too insanely pricy!

5ECE035C-0B33-4531-B1AF-43953789958D.jpeg

E8841283-BE7C-4010-9736-CD35F7E0494E.jpeg

took Her on a test drive up the hill… never went above 185! Fixed!

so releived.
on to the next project.

Not fixed after all. just took the FJ80 on the freeway… temp got up to 200 just cruising normal highway speeds. Temp outside was nice and cool.

Question:
should I replace the water pump or radiator?
or both?
thoughts….

Not fixed after all. just took the FJ80 on the freeway… temp got up to 200 just cruising normal highway speeds. Temp outside was nice and cool.

Question:
should I replace the water pump or radiator?
or both?
thoughts….
If you are going to replace the radiator you might as well do the water pump. I have a specter off road radiator 054-006M-A (I think that is the correct one). It was a little pricey but I didn't have a choice at the time. No issues with it though.

You have replaced the 30 year old parts. Your engine is still overheating, right?

What do you suppose I’d the next step?

I would say, replace the radiator! And of the water pump I’d 30 years old, replace that as well, or you will have to do it soon anyways. It’s easier when your already in deep and don’t have to break everything down again!

Good luck and let us know how it goes. BTW, your fan clutch can be rebuilt. So it has some value.

You have replaced the 30 year old parts. Your engine is still overheating, right?

What do you suppose I’d the next step?

I would say, replace the radiator! And of the water pump I’d 30 years old, replace that as well, or you will have to do it soon anyways. It’s easier when your already in deep and don’t have to break everything down again!

Good luck and let us know how it goes. BTW, your fan clutch can be rebuilt. So it has some value.
Get a Liland radiator, i have one and i can vouch for it and it handles hot/dry weather well, stay away from CSF unit. new thermostat, waterpump and fan clutch from Aisin and new radiator cap should be solid for your rig.

Get a Liland radiator, i have one and i can vouch for it and it handles hot/dry weather well, stay away from CSF unit. new thermostat, waterpump and fan clutch from Aisin and new radiator cap should be solid for your rig.
Any recommendation on where to buy a Liland radiator? I checked a couple of my go to sites and they seem to be out of stock…?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom