Overheating question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Noticed my ac got warm, then noticed my temp gauge was pinned.. pulled in to a parking lot and started blowing smoke, lost all my fluid but the leak/bust was coming from behind the block, near the fire wall. Can’t really see where it’s at, and ideas?

It sounds like the pesky heater hose on the back of the engine is gone.... probably gave up and ripped, time to change it. Don't drive it until that hose is changed. Search for "pesky heater hose" and you will find more info on that.

Could also be rear heater hose. Always good to run and odb hookup so you can see actual temps as the factory gauge has a large dead zone from about 170 to 220. You will need to refill and find out where leak is.

If hoses have not been replaced, now is the time to do them all. I would fix the leak first and see if it runs normal. Depending on how long you ran it hot, you could have a headgasket issue. If it does run normal, then just replace all the hoses. If it looks like you have a headgasket issue, it’s easier to do rear hoses while head is out.

If hoses have not been replaced, now is the time to do them all. I would fix the leak first and see if it runs normal. Depending on how long you ran it hot, you could have a headgasket issue. If it does run normal, then just replace all the hoses. If it looks like you have a headgasket issue, it’s easier to do rear hoses while head is out.

^^^^^

This.... 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom