Overheating in traffic, anyone running an aux fan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I’m jumping off the highway, and usually in a bit of traffic my temp gauge starts to creep up… Especially if I had been running the aircon – then it flies up! Once I can get moving again it cools down fine – so my thinking is that an electric fan or two on the radiator to keep the air moving would help. Any other ideas? (doing a coolant flush, and burping the system this week)

fan clutch? rubber gasket missing on top of thermostat? no thermostat? proper mix of anti boil and water? running lean? too far advanced ignition? fan shroud?

stock system works well if kept up, it is over designed

you shouldn't need to add any extra fans.

Easy test for your fan clutch, while hot ( engine ) you can move it with your hand ..? ( engine not running of course )

I'll test this when I'm home guys! Cheers. What's the fix if its not engaging?

appears like others are saying...you need a new fan clutch. Assuming your fan shroud and other cooling components are good. viscous coupler

Ok so fan is easy to turn by hand with engine hot, but not running. (not free spinning, but really easy to turn regardless) sounds like fan clutch ay?

Fan clutch is easy swap for sure. When it works you'll know it, it's pretty loud. Mine cycles a lot in hot summer traffic, and definitely brings the temps down. Bet that fixes you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom