Overheating engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. Been reading the threads. Thank you for all the useful info.

1) Could someone help me please? I have a 2006 Land Cruiser inline 6 (240hp) auto transmission. Am intentionally posting under the 80 series as a few folk have suggested I may have better luck here given not many have petrol engines with the 100 series.

Car was running perfectly until the following repairs were needed in quick succession. A) All coolant hoses changed. B) Bypass due to heater core leak.

C) And new gasket and remachining of the cylinder head and valves (although this was preventative and not needed). Plus new radiator, thermostat, water pump, coolant sensor, coolant sensor plug and fan clutch. Again all preventative maintenance.

Following all of this… after an hour of driving, engine starts to get warm when I’m idling; temperature guage goes up from half to 3/4. And when I’m off-roading in the desert, at high rpm, the temperature guage starts to climb. After prolonged driving the a/t oil light also comes on.

Coolant is clean and no smoke.

any ideas on what else could be causing the issue?

2) the “thud” felt on accelerator lift off or when pressing the accelerator has improved significantly after changing the axle hubs. But a slight thud still remains. Any ideas what else I should get looked at? Differential mounts?

Thank you

Following all of this… after an hour of driving, engine starts to get warm when I’m idling; temperature guage goes up from half to 3/4. And when I’m off-roading in the desert, at high rpm, the temperature guage starts to climb.
Sounds like you might have some air in the system or be low on coolant. Or you got a faulty fan clutch or thermostat.
After prolonged driving the a/t oil light also comes on.
Likely related to the above - your coolant is getting hot and the trans cooler in the bottom of radiator is unable to keep trans fluid cool.
2) the “thud” felt on accelerator lift off or when pressing the accelerator has improved significantly after changing the axle hubs. But a slight thud still remains. Any ideas what else I should get looked at? Differential mounts?
Diff mount bushings are toast or the slip yoke and/or u-joints in driveshafts need grease.

Thank you. On (1), all of the mentioned parts have been replaced with new ORM parts. And the coolant has been burped a number of times. But the issue persists…

all of the mentioned parts have been replaced with new ORM parts
Doesn’t mean they’re not faulty right out of the box. Wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened. Was the thermostat installed with the jiggle valve at 12 o’clock?

I agree with air in system, follow the correct way to purge the air.

truck must have the front higher than the rear
make sure you have the heater all the way turned up and on max setting to blow high
give the truck gas from time to time as it is idling to circulate the coolant properly through the system to purge air.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom