Overhead Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
I saw this pic of a 2004 Land Cruiser with a satellite radio. My question is, what goes there normally? Is that a custom part?
84_1.jpg

Yeah, the more I look at it, it looks like a custom job. Pretty cool. :cool:

Last edited:
Now that's creative, and clean!

yeah the garage door opener.. and WOW i likes

I have a Sirius receiver currently attached to the windshield resting on the dash... I never thought about putting it up there! Does anyone know how the antenna wire and power cord are run? Kinda a tricky place for all that.

HRC, it does not seem difficult to me. Just run the wires in the headliner and bring the power/audio out signal down one of the pillars. You might try following the powerline for your auto dim mirror, if so equipped. Use caution if you have side curtain airbags.

I like this idea, too.

In looking at the photo again, am I seeing it correctly that the factory garage door holder (the part that moves) has been replaced by the piece that holds the radio faceplace (that now doesn't move)? If so, I wonder where you could buy the new piece.

My XM faceplace is mounted down low underneath the ashtray, and although it's ok for the driver, the passenger has a little trouble seeing it and pushing the buttons.

Here's a picture of the unmodified console. This is from a 2004 model--not sure when the changed the layout, maybe 2003.
195880 (43).jpg

Last edited:
ATLcrusher said:
I'm not out looking at mine, but if I'm not mistaken, that's a non-sunroof model...isn't the entire "console" different in sunroof models? And don't all US cruisers (100) have the sunroof?QUOTE]

I think that I see the reflection of the sunroof's solid panel handle in the rear view mirror.

-Mark

Last edited:
Plus you can see the sunroof control right between the two map lights. ;)

That custom console may be from a place called Department of the Interior (http://www.consoles.com) in Australia. They make very nice stuff at what I would say are very fair prices - I had one of their dashboard pods in my 1995 Land Rover Discovery. Shipping to the United States wasn't too bad, but I got it back in 1998.

Well I know which picture I clicked on when I got to their site! :D

Could I replace my '98 overhead console with this type of console ('04)?

Greg B said:
I bet you want to get in her drawers, eh? :D

He was referring to the Waeco fridge/freeze :cool:

Last edited:
WES1977 said:
Does anyone have a picture of what a 2002 is supposed to look like? This is mine that I ripped out the sirius radio.
0e_3.JPG

And this is my ad if anyone is interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8076813029&indexURL=2#ebayphotohosting

It connected into my nav unit by antenna. You just unplug the antenna, and then connect the antenna wire to the wire from the sirius box, then the antenna was from the sirius box plugs into you radio. Power wires also.

was this mounted where the garage door opener door is suppose to be?
if so, does that piece come with the unit so i can mount it on mine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom