Overhead console switch illumination (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it normal for the interior overhead lighting switches to have no illumination when the lights are on in a ‘20 LC?

6B3E4F20-F510-4494-A87B-669768846C75.jpeg

Well, at least 3 out of 4 turn on a light. Pretty good odds while fumbling in the dark.

Welcome to a platform originally sold in 2008 and designed primarily for the rest of the world.

At least we can find the all-important sunroof switches in the dark.
3 out of 4 turn on a light and I always hit the one that puts you in the dark when you open the door.

A simple approach is to stick a small clear bumper on the button(s) you use. I use them on the panel
by my left knee and just on the few I use most often. I can do it by feel without ever looking at the
panel. Frankly, touch beats lighted. Lighted is better for someone not accustomed to the truck but
touch works better once you are a bit familiar. IMHO of course.
Scotch Bumpers, 20 Bumpers/Pack, Clear, 1/2", (SP950-NA)

Here is the overhead switch panel on my 2010 LX. and yes it is back lit.

IMG_20200109_074546.jpg

My '18 LC has a factory nub on the On button, which makes it easier to distinguish from the Spot and Door switches at night. But lighted switches plus a nub would be better for passengers.

Last edited:
My '13 LC overhead light switches don't light up. There is a nub on the on/off switch. I do have two holes near the switches, like on that picture above from the LX - they look like they should have lights in them, but mine don't light up.

My '13 LC overhead light switches don't light up. There is a nub on the on/off switch. I do have two holes near the switches, like on that picture above from the LX - they look like they should have lights in them, but mine don't light up.

My '18 also has those 2 little holes between the switches and the dome light lens.

I read a post here from someone who added a couple of LEDs in those holes. I don't recall if he soldered them into the board for the switches or wired them up some other way. I also can't recall what thread it was in, maybe it was in "what did you do to your cruiser this week.'

Based on the pic of the '10 LX, I'm guessing the LX part includes the 2 LEDs and back-lit switches and would swap right in. If I find some time, I'll search one of the online LX parts sites and if I find the part, I'll update this post.

one more reason to role in an LX ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom