Overhead Altimter/Compass 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The arrow moves, I do not know what the #s on the outside are for. Yet again a new price before ebay gets ahold of it.

$150 !!!

Great deal. I bought mine on AUS ebay for $175! And there is no need to buy new sunvisors. I trimmed mine and no one is the wiser.

Also mine did not come with the compass sensor.

What are those numbers on the altimeter?

Those are barometer settings in millibars, the actual altitude reading is the number on the inside of the dial. Altitude is calculated by changes in pressure (if it is not attached to a GPS) and the meter must be set to the correct barometer reading for the area that you are in for the altitude to read correctly.

Posted by Ruadhrigh
Great deal. I bought mine on AUS ebay for $175! And there is no need to buy new sunvisors. I trimmed mine and no one is the wiser

Can you post pictures and show us how you did the trimming please? That would be cool for those with subtanks.

I don't want to sidetrack Joel's thread too much. I think I may have posted them before...

edit:
maybe I never posted the pics. It was easy to modify. The sunvisor has a frame that is much like a coat hanger. I just cut the fabric along the seam, manipulated the metal wire frame, and stapled the fabric back together.
103_1336.jpg

Originally posted by Ruadhrigh
I don't want to sidetrack Joel's thread too much.

I don't think we are sidetracking Joel's thread here, but we are helping him out by bumping this thread to the top and at the same time informing the buyers on what to do with their sunvisors in case they buy the overhead console.

Thanks for posting the pic and the info on how to trim them. Now, I may have to employ the :princess: to sew the trim for me.:grinpimp:

OK, Rock bottom Mud price before Ebay gets it for more. Remember guys, this comes with the new sensor to make the compass work. A bracket can be easily fabricated and your sunvisors can be clipped and bent back to accomadate. I would hate to see this go to a non mudder.

I am interested. but am unclear on the sunvisor thing. You have to cut them?

You can buy some shorter visors from japan $$$$, or modify your existing ones by cutting back the ear portion and bending the wires inside back and then resewing the visor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom