Overall Vehicle Height w/ OME 2.5" and 33's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to find out the exact height of an FJ60/62 with an OME 2.5" lift and running 33" tires. I am assuming roofline, not any added racks/baskets. I would be curious though if you also run a rack/basket the total height with a basket as well.

Due to my living and work parking situations I am forced to park in garages that have max height requirements. I am trying to determine how much of a lift and tire combo I can get away with before I would start scraping my roof all to heck when I am parking.

Any help is appreciated.

I quickly measured mine and it averaged between 75 and 76". Of course, that's not super accurate. The pavement wasn't perfectly level and I'm eyeballing the curvature of the roof a bit.

iirc - 6'6" or so (76-77") clears on mine w/ BDS 3" and 33's.

BUT depending on age, sag, shackles, actual tires (some run small), etc... yours will vary. I just know i'm taller than the truck and able to get into my garage now with a couple inches to spare.

I have a 62, running OME with fairly new 33" tires. Just went out to measure mine - from level ground to the highest point of the roof is 76.5"
hope that helps...

Mine only runs 74 high but it could be a bit tired as I have wheeled it pretty hard the last couple of years. But even brand new it never stood more than 75. For your other question, I run a yakima rack with a load warrior basket and this adds another ten inches to the height.

For a month or so a new set of springs will ride much higher, but they will eventually settle down to the 2.5" lift claimed by OME. My buddys 62 pretty much sat the same height with the same set up.

Tony

I can drive my truck into a parking garage marked 6'8" with no problem. I would also say about 6'4" to 6'6" tall.

I have OME Heavy/Heavy kit, 33x10.50's on stock wheels, and an older tradesman full length rack. I was able to sneak it into the 6' 9" free parking garage for jury duty last month:steer:. Mike

My garages are posted 6'6" at home, which I know is BS because the maintenance man has a lifted full size Chevy crew cab that he sneaks in, and work is 6'8".

I'm really hoping I can somehow manage a 2.5" lift, with 33's and a basket. Maybe I will have to mod the way a basket is mounted to shave some important inches. I have some ideas but until I get lifted and tires I won't know how much clearance is really available.

My 60 with this set up fits in 7 foot garages with no issues, could go an inch or two shorter, but I'm comfortable with 7 foot :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom