Builds Outsane/Solvefunction/Cruisin2Camp Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

now that is a project....

I'll look over it and see what I can do, I would like a better place for my ham. Are tthe hams all different dimensions?

but then there are also options with a movable face plate..
Oh for sure. Between Icon, Yaesu, Kenwood they all vary some.

Smaller (as pictured please) for: gauges, HAM face/ball mount, ScanGauge, switches....

You ever figure out your rear noise? After I replaced my rear control arm bushings my start and stop clunk ceased.

I think there would be interest, but it would be forcing all those interested parties to deal with the visors. As if that isn't problem enough already:)

Personally I wanted an over head for a sub tank and altimeter with tan visors. I reach out to various vendors who said they would try and never got back to me. I was ready to spend an absurd amount to make it worth their time but I guess either the parts cant be obtained or they just have other stuff going on. Main issue with 3D printed stuff is the quality/ascetics. Personally I would pay up for an OEM looking console that is molded vs 3D printed. I have Outsane's scan gauge mount (hopefully I can install it tomorrow), BH3D's cup holders, and Wits's Ends Unless Cubby mount. They all have different degrees of quality/finish. However they all serve a purpose at their price point.

With 80 prices going up, I really feel vendors will need to raise their quality offerings and price points to serve the market. Regardless I'm just glad we have vendors that are making new products for the 80 platform.

I have Outsane's scan gauge mount (hopefully I can install it tomorrow), BH3D's cup holders, and Wits's Ends Unless Cubby mount. They all have different degrees of quality/finish. However they all serve a purpose at their price point.

With 80 prices going up, I really feel vendors will need to raise their quality offerings and price points to serve the market. Regardless I'm just glad we have vendors that are making new products for the 80 platform.

Just for continuity sake, the WE Cubby mount is machined delrin as opposed to being 3d printed.

You ever figure out your rear noise? After I replaced my rear control arm bushings my start and stop clunk ceased.
Same for me... new bushings handled it.

New propane tank mount
20200314_141714.jpg

Couple of quickfists, plastic sheet and u-bolts.

Gentex mirror mounted and half wired, I didn't run the temp sensor.

View attachment 2235691

Just picked up one of these overhead units for myself. Do you think you could print a replacement piece for the gauge section that flush mounts a Scanguage? Kind of like the 100 series crowd is doing with the homelink overhead cubby...

Also, what prep/paint did you use for the black? It looks like it matches the other factory, satin black pieces pretty well!

@wbc going to work on a mount soon near the rear view mirror, I did make a scan gauge mount for the steering wheel cover.

Check out this item in my Etsy shop Scan Gauge II mount for the Landcruiser fj80

For the paint I cleaned with acetone and used a flat black spray can.

@wbc going to work on a mount soon near the rear view mirror, I did make a scan gauge mount for the steering wheel cover.

Check out this item in my Etsy shop Scan Gauge II mount for the Landcruiser fj80

For the paint I cleaned with acetone and used a flat black spray can.

Nice, specifically looking to mount one within the OEM overhead console to replace the compass/altimeter. Curious if you thought a piece could be printed for that. Similar to how the 100 series guys are doing it: @Ayunes Overhead mount for ScanGauge. Excellent.

@wbc I am thinking of making it like the OEM one but with a holder for the Scan gauge instead, maybe smaller profile so the OEM visors work have to see.

Not sure if I still have my old visors..

Lee

That would certainly be a hot product for most consumers!

Doesn't help us folks that already have an OEM one though ;)

I went to an aluminum hot dog tank for my setup, mounted just forward of the trailer hitch under the truck, good way to drop weight but still have capacity. I try and mount things low for COG whenever possible not that the tank weighed much but it isnt taking up space in the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom