Output flange recondition needed? Drip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Is scoring and pitting like this on a front transfer case output shaft flange something that needs fixing or usually isn't a problem?

I've had a persistent drip from my front output flange, (76 FJ) and have replaced the seal with an improved Marlin seal.
That slowed the drip down quite a bit but it is still dripping.
Do you all think that the scoring & pitting is where the oil is seeping by?

Any advice on if the solution ,
and how to remedy appreciated ...

IMG_8007.JPG

image.jpg

Last edited:
Speedisleeve. It's a stainless steel sleeve that you press on to the wear surface, that's thin enough to let you use the standard seal.

Excellent thanks guys.

71FFJ40, is the 99169 the actual one I need or just an example?

Will call Kurt tomorrow.

Hunter

99169 should be the part number you need............as with anything else you get off the internet.........measure what you have and verify before ordering anything

Just a tip if you are going to use speedisleeve. Use some sealant between the speedisleeve and the flange...

Depending on how deep the pitting is you might need to fill the holes. I have used devcon epoxy with great results. The seal can put enough pressure on the sleeve where it will form to the pits in the flange and its possible you can have another leak sometime later.

Update:
Correct number speedi sleeve is 99147 for the front output flange ... 99169 diameter is too wide for a '76 4 speed case.

Also posted some other applications in the photo from Pirate

Thanks again

H

IMG_8044.PNG

We've got the flanges... and the speedy sleeves too. Part numbers on speedy sleeves: Cruiser Outfitters

Thanks Kurt!

I ended up with an local speedi sleeve (cause I was ancy) and it's not dripping now after 24h!

Thanks to all for the help! Love this group, so helpful always .

Hunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom