outdoor TV cabinet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to get ideas for an outdoor TV cabinet that surrounds a flatscreen. It must be mounted to an exterior wall with wood siding. there is no roof overhead, so it needs to be waterproof and vandal proof. Has anyone done this? pics?

Use an old Fridge as a case...........dust sealed, humidity&waterproof and you can put a padlock on it.

If that looks to redneck for you, you can always cut that thing smaller and cover it with whatever.

yeah good idea but that's a bit redneck for me. I was thinking wood, caulk and maybe some weather stripping.

finished it

just need paint and weatherstripping along the door.

TVbox.jpg
tvbox2.jpg

Beats an ole fridge anyday!

Nice job. You should have let the top piece on your box overhang an inch or so to help water run-off and not through the top of your door. Also, the plywood door will soon distort and not mate flush with edges of your box. Perhaps a 1x2 stiffener on edge around the perimeter of the cover door will help minimize that.

Just in time for some play-off games...

:beer:

I'm addressing that soon with a sort of roof. Noted on the plywood. Thx

Nice

My wife sent me the link to this. I asked her to look at the web site because of a project I am working on and she sent me the link to your outdoor tv.

Gotta say that's nice........Now because of you I have to build one on our patio. I don't know whether to thank you or cuss you. LOL

LOOKS GOOD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom