Outdoor Gear-Love and Hates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
Good thread to talk about your camping and other outdoor gear.

Made a purchase today on this Eno hammock. Reviews are really great and need something easy for Talladega trail ride in a few weeks. Hope it's as comfortable as people say.
DoubleNest Hammock

Also picked up the Atlas straps to hold my big butt off the ground.

Will post feed back after an overnight sleep.

Picked up a Cabella's Outfitter XL cot today. They were having a pretty good sale ended up with a $129 cot for $64. This is the fat guy cot that will hold 600 lbs, is 80 in long and 40 in wide...think it's gonna be a good buy.

image.jpeg

Got my new Prinsu roof rack assembled and put on, CVT Mt Shasta tent is sitting a work waiting to be put on in the morning
20160907_180118_1473289418909_resized.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm walking in and out I'd probably go instant coffee of some sort. Truck camping, percolator. Nothing to it, like to keep it simple!

Yeah hot coffee is the best!

Finally got to use our RTT this past weekend, really happy with it! We went to some festivals in Tennessee so we spent the night at Marion County State park.
20160927_070833_1476754205642_resized.jpg
20161015_175031_1476754194199_resized.jpg

Very nice! I'd be afraid to use it and get it scratched up.

Very nice! I'd be afraid to use it and get it scratched up.

Polished 18-8 stainless over carbon steel, meant to be used. We'll see how it does but seems solid out of the box...err...tube

That's nice but it's small for your Rambo hands

Lol...fits pretty good actually.

"I can skin a buck and run a trotline" :hillbilly::beer:

$20 Walmart.
stupid cheap but I couldn't resist having a machete
20171203_200522.jpg

Camped in the eno over veteran's day ride at sub 30F temps one night. Super comfy and I was fairly warm. I am sold on this sleeping arrangement but this insulated under quilt is critical to staying warm even below 60F. This is the cheapest of the 3 underquilts and it did fine.

Ember™ UnderQuilt

Also, hung the rain fly over head and let the sides drape down. Kept me dry and added more wind break from the cold.
ProFly™ Rain Tarp

Cabelas was running an Eno 25% off sale the day before heading out.

Overall, happy with the hammock setup and will use it more going forward.

Last edited:
Camped in the eno over veteran's day ride at sub 30F temps one night. Super comfy and I was fairly warm. I am sold on this sleeping arrangement but this insulated under quilt is critical to staying warm even below 60F. This is the cheapest of the 3 underquilts and it did fine.

Ember™ UnderQuilt

Also, hung the rain fly over head and let the sides drape down. Kept me dry and added more wind break from the cold.
ProFly™ Rain Tarp

Cabelas was running an Eno 25% off sale the day before heading out.

Overall, happy with the hammock setup and will use it more going forward.

If you like hammock camping this guy makes a lot of cool and helpful accessories. DutchWare Gear I have ordered from him a few times. I love hammock camping too. I have a thermarest pro lite pad that I place under me if it isn't cold enough for the underquilt and that works well for me.

Eno was very warm and dry until 27F hit and then I tapped out. Surprisingly more dry than the tent guys. Elliot's hammock on the right was just there for looks.
20180406_073839.jpg

I finally have the iKAMPER SKYCAMP RTT installed. Even though I haven’t used it yet I’m pretty sure I like it! I hope to use it this month for the Relic Run.

8A232F04-0663-4F13-91E9-EF1193F228AC.jpeg
E3228EC3-C629-48F9-8CA1-93BA7992450B.jpeg
1AC5F712-D716-4540-B1A7-FB5982FB1585.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom