Builds Out with the old and in with the new!(turboed 2h!) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple more pics

IMG-20220701-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20220701-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20220701-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20220701-WA0026.jpg

Pete, we will see buddy, I thing it's gonna be good to go next week..

Quick after paint walk-around.

So, when she’s back together are you planning to move to the desert S.W? I grew up in upstate NY. I truly admire your dedication to your rig, really, but can’t imagine the time and effort invested to end up with a vehicle I could only drive in the summer?

Sigh, that's a giant ass dilemma. I am going to forego driving in winter unless the roads are dry as bone, and I will be usng my pickup ( I enjoy it tremendously as well) for satisfying the driving crave when the weather is not ideal.
I am pissed in a way because I went down the stupid rabbit hole and I did not intend to do that...but that's a story for another time.
I guess time will tell what happens.
Tbh, I have been looking for another 60 to just drive.
I guess I am crazy!

But in all honesty, if someone has a good western 60, non running for sale...can't spend too much money anymore, I'll consider it.

Ok, so...the updates are really slow coming but they are coming none the less. I went ahead and saw the truck in person today and I want to say that I am really pleased with the paint job! The man was sanding the doors when I got there, so they should be in paint in the next couple days. Seeing it in person really gave me an idea of the quality of the paint, and I want to say that it's pretty damn good. Just waiting for it to be done so I can start throwing all my new parts at it!
Here are only acouple pics.

20220722_091315.jpg

20220722_091039.jpg

20220722_093434.jpg

Guys, gals...any of you local folks know of a shop that can do blasting and powder coating? In preparation for the truck's return, I was going to take my frame to the local blaster and they want $1800.00 before tax and all. I honestly think that that is too much! Perhaps I am mistaken but was wondering if anyone know of another shop in the tristate.
Any help is much appreesh.
Thanks all.

Update, found a shop nearby my buddy in PA that will do my frame for 5 to 7 hundred. Problem solved.
I'm going to need to purchase a trailer soon; I keep borrowing one from a friend, he's going to not pickup my calls after so many "Can I borrow your trailer" requests.
Sigh..

Well, the borrowing is not without paying him back with a return favor. I just feel bad to ask all the time. I think I borrowed it like 6 times this year, lol.

This gentleman painting my 60 does a lot of great work! The porsche in the background is awaiting sheetmetal replicas from Germany!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom