Builds Out with the old and in with the new!(turboed 2h!)

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Yes, he unfolded the seams to remove door skins and get to the rust.
Imma take a ride out there next week to see the progress.

On my "rust free" doors the rust went up on the inside of the structure/skin at least an inch, more than you could see by just folding up the seam. Keep posting pics.

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
You know what is funny? I actually was just hoping I'd get the visible rot cut out, get the doors fixed good enough to last me a few good years, etc. Then my buddy said, well, we aren't going to do that...we will get this fixed right and you won't have to worry 'bout it again.
Granted, I am hoping he stays within budget. After all, I am hoping to keep this truck for a while and so getting it done right may be just the thing.
I will get more pics posted as I get them.

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
Two more pics for good measure.

667508891.jpg

667509171.jpg

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
Done stripped, cleaned, inspected, repaired and retaped the entire wiring harness, firewall to the back of the truck. This one is ready to go in. I have to tend to the connectors before I reinstall, they need a bit more attention. Other than that, it's good to go.
20220227_103849.jpg

MoaByte

SILVER Star
I am thinking I want the license plate indent removed for more storage in the tailgate.

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
In the second pic you can tell that that fender had been repaired before. Twas a bunch of bondo and such on it.
Pass rear quarter needs to be entirely redone. So that's a setback, but hey, patience I have. Also, not sure bout the hood hump. I think I will paint my spare good hood and keep aside. Have the current one done in flat black and should I ever be able to source a turbo manifold to relocate the turbo down low, I will swap the hoods accordingly.

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
So I sent some of my spare laying around hardware out for plating. Barely found someone in OH to do it for me. It seems everyone is doing only commercial big jobs nowadays. Anyway, I opted for white Zink and they came out great.

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
Now, some of these were really horrid so a few of them still show a bit of rust but I get to pick and choose. There are 35 pounds of hardware in that box so I should have enough bolts to do the whole job once the truck comes back from paint.
I also got a brand new fuel sender and suction tube for when the fuel tank gets reinstalled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom