Builds Out with the old and in with the new!(turboed 2h!) (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great progress. I bet your proud of what you have done!!! Awesome!!
U know, it's comments like yours that keep me motivated. I wanted to set it on fire at least a couple times, lol. Funny thing is I can put it back together and drive it as is, but I am sick of seeing the rust!

Took a break from welding to get the properly sized turbine swapped on my turbo. I bet this thing will make boost down low and adequately now.

20210501_210154.jpg

20210501_210200.jpg

20210501_210214.jpg

20210501_210228.jpg

20210501_210306.jpg

What boost will you run?

What boost will you run?
I have been running 10 psi but with the original 7mgte hot side, so was making boost late in the rpm. Ran it like that since 2016. Not really a bother but I thought it was time to get it sorted

About 15k, took it out of commission to get rust rid of. Funny, everyone says not to turbo the 2h, being an IDI engine and all. Never planned to do so either, so the pistons do not have the steel ring lands. I am predicting a re-rebuild at some point. I will then get some alfin insert pistons and I think I'll be fine. I never manage to get it over 1200 degrees no matter how hard I try, also, never overheats, and I only have oil at the CHRA, no water.
@Tapage has been beating his 2ht for a while now with no issues. I expect this engine to last me a while.

I just read your whole thread mate, all 42 pages. What a journey! Awesome truck, I reckon you'll be loving the 2H for as long as you live with that turbo. Lovely job.
I'm wondering about your turbo adaptor you made, nice work - would you be able to tell me how tall it is? I'm guessing somewhere around 60mm or so judging by the pics.
About to turbo a mate's 2H here in Aus in the same style, with the flipped manifold, hoping to make an adaptor plate for it like yours. Do you think the turbo pokes out the hood around the same height as the adaptor, 60mm or so?
Thanks mate, love your work!

Hey bud, I am going to measure for you right now. Give me a few minutes.

OK, so the adapter is 2", which translates to 50.8mm. The turbo is sticking out bout the same through the hood. It's hard to get a measurement cause the scoop. But by the looks of it, I'd say it's a good guess. The thread should have the drawing for the adapter with the dimensions. I left a bit of a neck past the plate on the header side, bout 1/4" inch, to allow me to run a doughnut gasket if needed.
Let me know if you have other questions.

20210506_204235.jpg

20210506_203954.jpg

Watching' the turbo stuff for sure. Which model does the new housing come off ??
It's meant to be for the 12ht, 1hdt. Got it from Kinugawa. Being slightly smaller should help with early boost.
Now, if I could just finish that body work so I can drive the thing.

Mate, you are a weapon! Thanks so much for going out and doing this in your spare time.
I'll let you know how our version goes down here in Aus.

Thankyou!
Anytime, looking forward to yer updates.

Off topic but holy chit look what I found to match my brown cruiser!!
20210507_182658.jpg

It's pretty fresh, 77k miles one family owned, dad and son, bought it from the son who is an elderly gentleman. His dad passed 10 or so years ago.
An 1986 was my very first car!
This is an 85.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom