Out of towner with a question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys a quick question regarding Black Hills.

I am headed that way August 2-4 on our way to yellowstone and just noticed that I will be
there the week before sturgis. Is it going to be crazy crowded with loud pipes the week before?
Any recommendations on where to stay? We will not be camping and will be looking for a cabin type place.
Which back roads can I get on with a 2008 LC with a lift but no armor? Thanks.

It will be busy but not rally busy, maybe check with Keith at Wild bills 605-578-2800 (0ffice number) where we have our local TLCA event just ten days before your visit. He rents a number of cabins. Tons of trails right out of the campground. Tell him Edgar sent you, he'll get a kick out of that.

Wild Bills is also less than fifteen min from Deadwood. Look up the moonshine gulch saloon in Rochford, it's a step back in time.

It may be tough to find somewhere to stay and there will be a lot of bikes around, but the Black Hills are big enough you can get away from the crowd. Plus Harleys don't like most places Cruisers love to go.

There are plenty of trails your rig will do just fine on. Check out the off road trail maps online for the Black Hills National Forest. You will need a permit though for most.

IMG_2799.JPG
A year late and in a different vehicle. This area of the country is incredible! Wish I had a rock crawler I'd come back in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom