Out of the box engine swap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very interesting......I saw this motor on some Sema coverage. Pretty cool. Makes good power.

Interesting, its based on the tried and true 3.0 block, says it takes the sbc GM bell house so LS or old school, wonder if the crank will take the ls flywheel ?

Have seen on facebook ads a few times. This would be perfect for my scout 80. I have a feeling it will be cheaper to build a nice LS V8 cheaper than this little engine will cost….

Cummins already did it. Already done.

Cummins already did it. Already done.

Apples to oranges. Not everybody likes the stink of diesel. Plus the LS 4 cylinder is lighter I bet.

Apples to oranges. Not everybody likes the stink of diesel. Plus the LS 4 cylinder is lighter I bet.

The diesel engines of this style has gone through extensive emissions. (Government requirement). So much improvement with noise and emissions. I do realize the continuing cost difference between diesel and gas. The FJ40 was historically a work/duty vehicle so many countries got the 4 cyl Toyota diesel. Times have changed as we all know the cost of diesel was historically lower , hence used for work/farm etc..
So , the LS is an option based on the desires of the owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom