Ouray camping/wheeling trip July 24 - 28th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pics

All of the American Dolls come out of this mine::D

American Girl Mine
American girl mine.jpg

Nice old boiler
boiler.jpg

Passed this couple on our way to Silverton from Animas Forks
dog in a cage.jpg

dog in a cage.jpg

boiler.jpg

American girl mine.jpg

No pictures downloaded from the camera yet (didn't get back until 8 last night) but we had a great time with 29 other 100-series trucks (and their drivers and passengers) We stayed in the Ironton Park area which became a mud puddle with all the traffic and rain (kids love mud). I personally H8MUD. We did a mild, short run on Friday up to Clear Lake, which was above the tree line. Saturday we did a fairly mild run up Imogene, lunch in Telluride and then back to 550 via Ophir. On Sunday, while the remaining people went on Black Bear, we did the Alpine loop by ourselves. The roughest part was the ascent from Ouray side up to Engineer Pass. My unlifted, running-board installed draggin' wagon scraped a few times but it was fine. I have to remind myself not to complain about it because I saw a stock Jeep Liberty running it too. I won a LabRak rear hatch antenna mount and convinced Danise that we need an awning.

You went off roading? Seriously? And you convinced Danise to let you use money to buy something for your truck?!?!?!

I'm growing fonder of you Marc.....

:)

:lol:

You went off roading? Seriously? And you convinced Danise to let you use money to buy something for your truck?!?!?!

I'm growing fonder of you Marc.....

:)

:lol:

I can hardly believe it myself.

Found more pics in the camera phone. These were taken at Andrew's house in Hermosa where we stopped for an hour to have some lunch and Michele to say goodbye to her beloved 80. Andrew and Laura have a beautiful home in Hermosa, that's for sure.

Michele pointing to the 80
IMG_20130724_144803_083[1].jpg

Andrew standing next to Michele
IMG_20130724_144816_385[1].jpg

There she sits, in her new driveway
IMG_20130724_144806_826[1].jpg

IMG_20130724_144803_083[1].jpg

IMG_20130724_144816_385[1].jpg

IMG_20130724_144806_826[1].jpg

Andrew claimed he was going to come up to Ouray while the 100s In The Hills event was going on with his new 80 but I never saw him.

True. Had an unplanned late night and slept in the following morning. Sorry I missed you guys. But wife and I decided to go to Clear Lakes out of Silverton and hike the ridge. Too much lightening. Went back down and hiked the Rico-Silverton trail. By the time we were back above treeline the storm was gone. Heard a couple of 100 owners on the Engineer repeater.

Wife and I still needed an Ourary-ish fix so we decided to go to Ouray/Telluride this past weekend for four days. Sorry I missed you guys.

No pictures downloaded from the camera yet (didn't get back until 8 last night) but we had a great time with 29 other 100-series trucks (and their drivers and passengers) We stayed in the Ironton Park area which became a mud puddle with all the traffic and rain (kids love mud). I personally H8MUD. We did a mild, short run on Friday up to Clear Lake, which was above the tree line. Saturday we did a fairly mild run up Imogene, lunch in Telluride and then back to 550 via Ophir. On Sunday, while the remaining people went on Black Bear, we did the Alpine loop by ourselves. The roughest part was the ascent from Ouray side up to Engineer Pass. My unlifted, running-board installed draggin' wagon scraped a few times but it was fine. I have to remind myself not to complain about it because I saw a stock Jeep Liberty running it too. I won a LabRak rear hatch antenna mount and convinced Danise that we need an awning.

Nice.. I have one for the CB now, and have another for when I permanently install a ham.

I went as well, only a few pics on the side of the road to Ouray. Unfortunately, my son got sick the first morning there, and I made the decision to come home.. I didn't want to risk taking him to one of the peaks and he gets worse.

Nice.. I have one for the CB now, and have another for when I permanently install a ham.

I went as well, only a few pics on the side of the road to Ouray. Unfortunately, my son got sick the first morning there, and I made the decision to come home.. I didn't want to risk taking him to one of the peaks and he gets worse.

Smart move. Last year I had the whole clan with me going up Poughkeepsie... got to the wall, got the kids out of the FJ, and my 2 year old fainted and we couldn't revive her. I believe I set an all-time speed record down Poughkeepsie trail. Luckily she regained consciousness once we got down a couple thousand feet. Scary sh!t.

Last edited:
I get this error message:

This video contains content from WMG and The Harry Fox Agency, Inc. (HFA), one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

apparently The White Stripes heavily restricts the use of their music:meh:

I'll stick something else in and repost

Very nice, I love the shots of Justin keeping up with the Dirt bikes on his mountain bike and the shadows of the clouds on California Pass.

Wow! The bar has been raised.

Oh man, EXCELLENT job Steve. What a cool perspective and I love the outtakes at the end. Thanks for putting this together.

Last edited:
you're getting very good with the quadcopter! that makes for the coolest videos. good job!

Are there two different videos, or are they the same?

Are there two different videos, or are they the same?

Yes - youtube is restricting use in some countries...US is on the list:meh:

Vimeo hasn't complained so far but I may have to change out the last song

Great videos Steve:cheers: How far out from the operator does your copter go?

Thanks,
Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom