Our new project/wheeler/camping rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
Took delivery of this baby this morning. Its not a cruisers but it is Andrea's favorite rig ever so finding one that a friend had made it an easy thing to do. (Dang girl gets a rally car and a wheeler in the same month..... yeah she is spoiled lol :princess:)

Rushing out the door to inspect a property up BFE in the cascades so i'll post up more with its specs when I get home later.

Andrea knows nothing about it so seeing her face when she gets home will be all worth it.

May help if I threw up the one picture I had lol

20180828_105443.jpg

Edited for picture added.

Hot d@mn! That is awesome

So here are the specs from what i've read from the guy who put the drivetrain together and from what I was able to see from crawling under it for about a minute before going to work.

Engine: 4bt
Trans: Chevy SM435 with ford SM435 guts (7:1 first gear)
T-case Dana 20
Front axle Dana 44 with 3.5 gears and detroit
Rear axle: Ford 9" with 3.5 gears and detroit
Not sure on the lift or suspension as of now
35" tires on 15" wheels

Pickup configuration that I was floored that I actually fit in

It was built to be a wheeler and has been used.

That will changed slightly it will still be a wheeler but will also assume beach rider/dune rider/camping rig etc

Plans for right now:
Change all fluids and filters

Plans till end of year:
insulate the cab from the elements for washington winters and rainy season
Build a travel trailer to haul camping equipment behind it

Plans for next few years: NV4500 swap and then start in on some panel patching and cutting as I learn more about that aspect of body work. LMC truck has panels for pretty cheap, Paint it.... most likely a beige color kind of like what @roadstr6 did on adams old 40
Upgrades to the 4bt

Long term plans... full top, full cage... possible tub swap, axle upgrade to D60 up front

EDIT: It has PS also completely spaced on that earlier.

Last edited:
That sticker says otherwise!

yeah yeah yeah.... who do I fear more the stick or that 5'5 kickboxer??? ;)

I promised the sticker I wouldn't paint that fender anyway... i'll hang that one on the wall. haha

Deadpool-Surprised.jpg

Super extra bonus points! I'm jealous. Love the old broncos!

Congrats Al, love EBs. Lots of parts availability :) Look forward to see what you do with it.

It's funny how we all share a common bond in our love for these "things" in general. They become extensions of our life story and this one is no different.

I'm so happy for you guys and for the next chapter...just as much as I am that my chapter has passed (I can share more on this later).

Somewhere Bronco Bob is looking down with a smile right now!!

tracking down info on this truck and bronco bob is near impossible the guy hated technology so everything about him is a story from a guy he ran in to on the trail lol

My future phone call in a few years
Hello LMC truck give me part 1-18 please ;)

upload_2018-8-28_16-30-14.png

Funniest thing ever was walking around the rig with the deliver guy today to do an inspection..... Wasn't this thing a full resto when it left Colorado???

He took it well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom