Our new baby ('96 FZJ80) needs a couple things (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just got our '96 LC after hunting for 3 months and missing a couple (one by 10minutes).

It's in very good shape with normal wear and tear, but it's missing a couple of items:

1) Screw covers on most of the "oh-s***" bars.
2) Just in front of the console there is a well of sorts. Ours is showing the bolt and a empty hole below. I assume something goes in there.
3) Owners Manual.

Any suggestions on where to pick those up outside of the dealer?

__
Rob
'96 80

#2 was probably a cell phone holder....

And I second getting all OEM parts from C-Dan...just call him and let him know your a member here.

You won't be dissapointed.

And Welcome!! Lets see some pics!! :D

LCRob said:
2) Just in front of the console there is a well of sorts. Ours is showing the bolt and a empty hole below. Any suggestions on where to pick those up outside of the dealer?
Rob'96 80

Inside that "well" should be a nice little piece of Toyota fabric....with a can of :beer: on top of that. Its Toyota's cupholder, that is until you buy the Australian cupholder from www.sleeoffroad.com. Your wife will love you for it.

If you are new to all of this, you have a wonderful resource available to you via the aforementioned Cruiser Dan at American Toyota. He will take good care of you on all parts and offers good pricing for members.

Then your baby's gonna grow up and want alot of stuff..... ARB, OME LIFT, SLIDERS, etc ... etc.... lol

Thanks for all the tips! I'll call Dan in the morning.

I'll also take some pics when I get in decent light and post them. We ended up with the ever present Green LC, no lockers (sigh, never found one that was either a) in our price range or b) in good shape.), no grill guard...so I have LOTS of room for 'projects'.

We have driven / looked at close to a dozen cruisers and this one had the right price and was in very good shape and wasn't already sold! We might have looked longer for a locked, grill guarded '97, but the baby is due in 5 weeks and time we don't have!
__
Rob

no lockers (sigh, never found one that was either a) in our price range or b) in good shape.), no grill guard...

You can always add ARB air lockers in the near future. Don't feel bad on your LC just because it does not have lockers. I don't have lockers but the rig is clean and still smells new when I bought it in 99. If you really want lockers then you can look and search some of the junk yards if you are looking for an OEM lockers, but be warned, they are expensive and time consuming if you want to install OEM lockers.

I guess my post did sound like I was a bit fixated on the lockers. I'm actually not that worried, except for the cost of adding them later :)

We are pleased as punch with it and I'll get some pics soon for the board. I'm taking it on a road trip tomorrow to Houston and back (~350 miles) which is going to leave a mark on the wallet, but it needs a good trip to see if it's running right :)

__
Rob
'96 FZJ80

Oh yea... and for those "oh s***" screw covers.. I think they are around $4-$6 each when I last asked CDan about them. Needless to say... I still have the screws visible, and waiting until someone parts out a cruiser or looking in salvage yards. If anyone knows of a cheaper place (they don't have to be brand new) to get the covers, let me know.
-Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom