Our Heroes Dreams (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Big Ed

SILVER Star
Threads
This is an organization started by a buddy I did convoys with in Iraq. He was wounded and evacuated after less than two months. He does a lot to help veterans, and spread awareness, especially about suicides. They've been taking veterans to a safari ranch near Salinas for several years, I was in the first group with my wife and younger son. They had us interact directly with some of the animals, we got to sit on an elephant. They also do scuba diving trips. If you remember two veterans riding Segways from Monterey to Florida a few years ago, he was one of them. There are other things they do too. They are just now getting a 400 acre property to do things on.

Our Heroes' Dreams

You're welcome. I emailed him recently asking if there was enough room on the property for a 4wd trail, and we could come out and give veterans rides. Haven't heard back yet.

We communicated through emails a few days ago, he said the property is between Bass Lake and Shaver Lake (North Fork). He said the idea of having four wheelers come up to give rides to veterans is definitely a possibility. Anyone check out the web site yet?

I just spent Tuesday-Friday in Salinas helping Our Heroes Dreams clear storm damage at the ranch/zoo they hold the Healing Safari's at, it was hard work.
IMG_0604.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0598.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

What's that furball on your head?

That's not me, this is me at the Healing Safari five years ago. I don't remember what this critter is.
IMG_0620.JPG

Last edited:
Isn't that some tribute.... He's told me of his visits with Bush, emphasizing that he's just a regular guy. He also told me on the recent trip to Salinas that his organization took 136 veterans off the streets last year and put them into apartments, among other things. Helping veterans is his life now.

IMG_2678.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom