our favorite site has no more images? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rchalmers3

I speak Toyota
Threads
Playas de Nosara, Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica
Has anyone visited the above referenced website recently?

There are no "exploded view" images alongside with the parts listings. I'm wondering if it's my computer and/or web browser or if the good days of finding esoteric parts are officially over???

Rick

Has anyone visited the above referenced website recently?

There are no "exploded view" images alongside with the parts listings. I'm wondering if it's my computer and/or web browser or if the good days of finding esoteric parts are officially over???

Rick
Yep, it's done. Check your PM's.

I dont think its the browser, as ive been having the same problems lately. On home page, you can see a message from 2009 that states that Toyota didnt want the website to show the exploded views and parts diagrams, which sucks, because finding the correct part an part number was a breeze, now its just a guess.

Has anybody found an alternative??

I've been using toyotapartsoverstock.com in conjunction with toyodiy.com. The problem with overstock is that you can't browse a category of parts, but they have the microfiche images. So I find the suspected part number at toyodiy by browsing a category and then use overstock to make sure.

I'm not saying it's a great website; it's very difficult to navigate and find parts. But at least they still have images.

It's because the photos are intellectual property of Toyota and therefore they don't want their FSM published. Plus shops have to pay for access to that stuff and it's not cheap. Not saying I agree just starting the nature of the beast.

Thank you to whomever changed the title of this thread. I, for one, would be pissed if our *second* favorite site went away :D

Would one of you please PM me the site that is currently Our Second Favorite? I am obviously oblivious to it..Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom