our beater bj40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today bought another bj just for offroad. I was planning on doing some offroad with my other one but it is in to good condition to de some serious offroading. So my friend and i bought this bj40 together for offroad purpose only and a dent or scratches is no problem. It's running 35"s ( we also have 35" boggers and 36" simex from other projects) locked rear axle, brake discs, turbod 3B engine 3.4d, original pto winch, power steering, the chassis and tub have all been put in a special bath so it doesn't rust. I don't know how its called in english. So here are some pics.
opentoyota002.jpg

opentoyota009.jpg

opentoyota003.jpg

it will be delivered on monday so more pics to pics to come.

I'm in belgium.

Well you found a nice rig. I want to do the same with my oldest son.Welcome my brother.:flipoff2::cheers:

:cheers:Thanks is was pretty cheap as well. The guy we bought it from had some horses running around. Can't wait to take it offroading.:D

That's one of the nicest "beaters" I've ever seen. SCORE!!! Deisel to boot!

It looks a lot better in the pics than in real life. We are gonna change all the liquids and filters and than go and test it:steer:
95% of the 40 series here are diesel. It's much harder to find one on gas.

It looks a lot better in the pics than in real life. We are gonna change all the liquids and filters and than go and test it:steer:
95% of the 40 series here are diesel. It's much harder to find one on gas.
Probably just the opposite here in the U.S of A.

I think the bj's are also a bit cheaper over here. When i see those prices on eBay. Thinking about exporting a few to the us.:grinpimp:

I think the bj's are also a bit cheaper over here. When i see those prices on eBay. Thinking about exporting a few to the us.:grinpimp:

Problem is that in Belgium every BJ has been repainted a few times(not always the best job) and that the expensive ones you see for sale in the states are in a much better and more original condition.Same as here in Panama where I am living now it's easy to find a "nice"BJ but impossible to find a Excellent one.

Nice rig btw, I think that was already long time for sale no?

Nope joekatana it was only for sale a couple of days. Here a pic of my daily drive bj42 bought from the first owner. I was just kidding on exporting. All the bj's are rusted and rarely you can find a decent one.
059.jpg

Nope joekatana it was only for sale a couple of days. Here a pic of my daily drive bj42 bought from the first owner. I was just kidding on exporting. All the bj's are rusted and rarely you can find a decent one.
059.jpg

Wow that's a nice one!

About the BJ's in Belgium.....I know I lived there for 35 years and had about 50 BJ's over the time and propably dismantled another 50 for parts......Where are the days that you could find these beauty's in every barn?

Where excactly do you live in Belgium?I used to live first in Heist op den Berg and later in Itegem city:doh:

See ya

I live in Hasselt. Here are some pics of 4X4 extreme where there were some nice toys last sunday. Wasn't there for long and forgot to take pics of the nicest one inside.
004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg